Amplifier Channel Query

Participant count
  • Participant list
Because you need a 4 ohm load if you're going to bridge the rear Pioneer channels. The 1262 is a dual 4 ohm, which you would have to wire to 8 ohm.
Oh. Almost missed that detail. That Pioneer Amp GM-D8604 looks just right....Thanks you are awesome.

Glad to help man. I ran the 8604 for quite a while and never had any issues with it even getting warm.
CSCStang....One last question. What should I look at while choosing the Radio Receiver(1 DIN). All i needed was one with USB Slot but do i need to worry about matching it with my Amp and Sub or something like that? LIke 2 RCA Preout? Also what brand of Receivers are considered the best?

CSCStang....One last question. What should I look at while choosing the Radio Receiver(1 DIN). All i needed was one with USB Slot but do i need to worry about matching it with my Amp and Sub or something like that? LIke 2 RCA Preout? Also what brand of Receivers are considered the best?
Pioneer or Alpine head unit. 2 sets of rca out would be ideal.

Pioneer or Alpine head unit. 2 sets of rca out would be ideal.
CSCStang....If i use Pioneer GM-D8604 Amplifier, I will bridge 2 Channels to create 300 W power to feed the SubWoofer (Continuous Power Output Bridged (4 Ω) 300 W x 2). The remaining 2 chanels will provide Continuous Power Output of 100 W at (4 Ω, ≤ 1% THD+N). For that much power, what front/rear speakers were you using with this Pioneer Amp?

GM-D8604 - Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | Pioneer Electronics USA

CSCStang....If i use Pioneer GM-D8604 Amplifier, I will bridge 2 Channels to create 300 W power to feed the SubWoofer (Continuous Power Output Bridged (4 Ω) 300 W x 2). The remaining 2 chanels will provide Continuous Power Output of 100 W at (4 Ω, ≤ 1% THD+N). For that much power, what front/rear speakers were you using with this Pioneer Amp?
GM-D8604 - Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | Pioneer Electronics USA
I was running a pair of Kappa 6829cf on the front 2 and 2 pwx 8"@8 ohm wired parallel and Bridged @4ohm on the rear.

I was running a pair of Kappa 6829cf on the front 2 and 2 pwx 8"@8 ohm wired parallel and Bridged @4ohm on the rear.
I ran an older Pioneer GM-6400 for awhile and it worked great running the front channels to apair of Kicker KS comps and the rear bridged to a Polk db104.

Depending on the vehicle you may be able to get away with not running the rear speakers at all.I have a Mini so I was able to delete the rear fillsince such a small area. As far as HU options Pioneer will have you covered just be careful some of them have a goofy knob that I found anoying bc it was like a joystick and rotary knob. Goodluck with your set up

I ran an older Pioneer GM-6400 for awhile and it worked great running the front channels to apair of Kicker KS comps and the rear bridged to a Polk db104.Depending on the vehicle you may be able to get away with not running the rear speakers at all.I have a Mini so I was able to delete the rear fillsince such a small area. As far as HU options Pioneer will have you covered just be careful some of them have a goofy knob that I found anoying bc it was like a joystick and rotary knob. Goodluck with your set up
Thanks TommyDH and CSCStang.... I have been looking and narrowed down on these 2 speakers for the front of the car

1. Infinity - PR6500CS - Infinity Primus PR6500cs 6.5" / 6.75" Component Car Speakers

2. Infinity - Reference 6500CX - Infinity REF-6500cx 6.5" Reference X Component Car Speakers

What do you reckon? To be paired with Pioneer GM-D8604 Amplifier and Infinity 1260W Subwoofer :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.