Amping components? (wiring)

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonBoy
10+ year member

I am looking at a Profile 2 channel amp to power my infinity reference comps. It puts out 60 wrms x 2 at 4 ohms and 90 wrms x2 at 2 ohms. The infinitys are designed to hold a max rms of 90. Is it possible to wire the speakers together to get a 2 ohm load to get more power to them? I am doubting it but I thought I could ask anyway. Also, does the amp sound decent? It has a lot of features that higher priced competition don't have. Is 60 wrms enough for those comps?

Im not familiar with that brand of amp, but I would say that 60w should do the trick depending on how you set your eq and all the other odds and ends. I wouldnt reccomend trying to send a 2 ohm load to your components....

by the way...what part of lexington are you from? I live on the south end by Fayette Mall and Man O' War. Hit me up sometime...my e-mail is brockward@hotmail.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.