Amp with Dsp built in help

Participant count
  • Participants list
I got a question for you I currently have 4 gauge wire and fuse as my power wire to power the amp that's from my old amp. My new amp takes eight gauge wire is there anything I can do to not have to remove what I currently have and start all over again is there any kind of thing I can step my wire down to make it work for the new amp?

I got a question for you I currently have 4 gauge wire and fuse as my power wire to power the amp that's from my old amp. My new amp takes eight gauge wire is there anything I can do to not have to remove what I currently have and start all over again is there any kind of thing I can step my wire down to make it work for the new amp?

Plenty of companies make 4 to 8 reducers just make sure they are made to were they would be positioned far enough not to touch

Got a hold of stereo concepts finally on the phone had a conversation with the guy unfortunately the m25 tweeters they're completely out of we're talking mid-December before they get anymore.

which puts me in a bad spot because now I can't finish my car and I was really looking forward to using their speakers and tweeters now I may have to look for other options I may just end up going with the audio frog gs60 don't think I really want to wait two and a half months.

Last edited:
Got a hold of stereo concepts finally on the phone had a conversation with the guy unfortunately the m25 tweeters they're completely out of we're talking mid-December before they get anymore.

which puts me in a bad spot because now I can't finish my car and I was really looking forward to using their speakers and tweeters now I may have to look for other options I may just end up going with the audio frog gs60 don't think I really want to wait two and a half months.

You ended up making me look at si and I'm probably gonna go with the siq 125.4 and 1500d for my next build

And yea I talked to Nick briefly this morning about the tweeters. The moral mt300 and audio frog gb10 are both good alternatives. Both are just more expensive.

You are gonna end up costing me alot of money lol. But that's not a bad thing.

I meant stereo integrity and they're out of tweeters till mid to late December.

I'm thinking audio frog g s60 or I'll look at those ones that you mentioned just don't feel like waiting 2 months.

Have to take a look at those speakers you're talking about on stereo integrity.

Yeah I was thinking about my system technically I don't even really need a DSP well I do sort of I don't need it to process the music because I've got an LG v60 that has a quad DAC and it's very good so I don't really need the DSP for that I could stream music on my phone I can play flac files and just run them through the auxiliary input of the head unit the head unit will not process the files it'll just come straight through and go into my amp. You will get a better dac if you buy a high-end DSP The real reason I or someone needs the DSP it's for the ability to tweak the sound all the functionality of tweaking the music setting crossovers and all the stuff that comes with it that's all I really needed for so I don't think I need to spend $500 on one.

Like we were talking the other night you could just buy a high-end dap player for $400 $500 and just send that through the auxiliary in your head unit into your amp.

I have built-in DSP in my head unit I don't know how good it is but I know it's not going to give me all the functionality to find tweak my sound like separating the woofer and the Tweeter and just all the stuff that comes with a good DSP so I guess in a way I'm sort of forced to buy one.

Now this looks like a true all in one soulution, it plays 24/192, it streams, it does it all in one box, very very interesting.

Zapco DSP-Z8 IV II 8-Channel Digital Sound Processor with Digital Streaming

Last edited:
Have to take a look at those speakers you're talking about on stereo integrity.

Yeah I was thinking about my system technically I don't even really need a DSP well I do sort of I don't need it to process the music because I've got an LG v60 that has a quad DAC and it's very good so I don't really need the DSP for that I could stream music on my phone I can play flac files and just run them through the auxiliary input of the head unit the head unit will not process the files it'll just come straight through and go into my amp. You will get a better dac if you buy a high-end DSP The real reason I or someone needs the DSP it's for the ability to tweak the sound all the functionality of tweaking the music setting crossovers and all the stuff that comes with it that's all I really needed for so I don't think I need to spend $500 on one.

Like we were talking the other night you could just buy a high-end dap player for $400 $500 and just send that through the auxiliary in your head unit into your amp.

I have built-in DSP in my head unit I don't know how good it is but I know it's not going to give me all the functionality to find tweak my sound like separating the woofer and the Tweeter and just all the stuff that comes with a good DSP so I guess in a way I'm sort of forced to buy one.

Now this looks like a true all in one soulution, it plays 24/192, it streams, it does it all in one box, very very interesting.

Zapco DSP-Z8 IV II 8-Channel Digital Sound Processor with Digital Streaming

I don't believe you can get good wireless streaming right now.

24/96 streaming BT. Look at that Zapco it looks really really good, loads of youtube videos on it.

Ok but other than ldac what other Bluetooth codec can even support high res?

I'm not convinced Bluetooth has the bandwidth for the large audio files of high res.

And yea I was looking at the stereo integrity m25 mkii myself. Don't care how they are pretty much only flush mount with the screw ring but so many other companies are doing the same thing anyway.

I'm probably gonna end up with set screws holding the tweeter in the pod.

Well Helix claims 24/96 BT, and so does Zapco, dont know how there doing it ??, i thought LDAC what the only way, but im guessing not anymore. There is a guy on ebay has that Zapco for 799, see if he will make a deal, i think its as good as the Helix on paper.

You cant get the M65 Mk ii anymore, or Mk iii, guy on phone said only Mk IV, but he told me there better improved over the older ones, they go lower and do some other stuff better, and read some reviews on them and there great. I just dont want to wait til December for the SI tweeters, and SI offers no refund if you dont like the sound, hmmmmmmm i dont know, Crutchfield 60 day money back, something to think ab out.

Here you go, just buy this plug into your phone, stream Tidal, or other service, make your phone a DAP, this is one awesome Dac, plug it into your Aux on head unit your done.

HELM Audio Bolt DAC/AMP

Well Helix claims 24/96 BT, and so does Zapco, dont know how there doing it ??, i thought LDAC what the only way, but im guessing not anymore. There is a guy on ebay has that Zapco for 799, see if he will make a deal, i think its as good as the Helix on paper.

You cant get the M65 Mk ii anymore, or Mk iii, guy on phone said only Mk IV, but he told me there better improved over the older ones, they go lower and do some other stuff better, and read some reviews on them and there great. I just dont want to wait til December for the SI tweeters, and SI offers no refund if you dont like the sound, hmmmmmmm i dont know, Crutchfield 60 day money back, something to think ab out.

The m25 mkii is the tweeter not the mid.

I'm not really interested in the SI 6.5 mid. He is coming out with an 8inch next year.

Just trim strands until it fits. Then put some heat shrink or electrical tape on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...