Amp with Dsp built in help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Califmike33

CarAudio.com Regular
Hey guys need some help finding a good sounding amp with dsp built in. I have a fiat 500 with Jbl GTO and a Jbl stadium 4 amp and im not liking the sound quality at all. I want to get some Audio Frog speakers and a new amp. My budget is $750 for the amp with dsp, is this possiable and get really good sound too ?. Anyway it needs to be 4 in and maybe 6 out or something like that. Im looking for suggestions ?

thanks

Well thank you for your reply and those are great suggestions but I will say you are correct DSP built into an amp is expensive.

I think I might go the other way and buy a separate DSP from audio control I believe there's a 601 or a 610 unit it's about $450.

Problem is I'm trying to eliminate why my sound is not that great in my car is it the speakers is it the amp.

I don't know I don't know how good the JBL stadium 4 amp is I'm guessing it's halfway decent but nowhere near on the level of audio control or some of the better brands.

So I guess I need to change my question I guess now I'm looking for a standalone DSP problem is now that takes up more space which in a Fiat 500 you don't have a lot of room but I guess if I could get a small enough when I could make it work.

So I guess now I'm rephrasing my question I'm looking for a good standalone DSP probably with four in six out minimum$500 and under.

I think I will add a DSP first tune it and see where I stand and then if that doesn't meet my requirement I will probably change out the amp in the speakers which will be the only thing left.

The audio control I believe it's the 601 standalone DSP that thing's about 6 years old that came out is that still relevant today is that still up to par with today's technology?.

Current setup is as follows. JBL stadium 4 amplifier, JBL I believe it's 6:29 GTO speakers component speakers in the front tweeters are in my a pillar the rear I have JBL coaxial I those two are the GTO series. I rewired the whole car with premium 14 gauge speaker wire I put sound deadening in the doors and in the rear panels. My head unit is Teyes cc3 9 inch touch screen.

Well I am not sure you would need a stand alone DSP right off. Your Teyes has built in DSP that you can set yourself. The Stadium series is not bad at all. I would say try different speakers and play around with that head units DSP (Field) settings and crossovers. It has a big EQ as well. I would buy a 2 channel amp for the coaxials or run them on the head unit power and use the 4 channel for the components so you can run them active.

Make sense?

Yeah I was thinking about changing the speakers too yeah the head unit I think is fine and I think the amp is actually okay I think it's my speakers it don't sound good any recommendations of course they'd have to fit my Fiat but. I'm thinking either focal or some audio frog what do you think?

Well thank you for your reply and those are great suggestions but I will say you are correct DSP built into an amp is expensive.

I think I might go the other way and buy a separate DSP from audio control I believe there's a 601 or a 610 unit it's about $450.

Problem is I'm trying to eliminate why my sound is not that great in my car is it the speakers is it the amp.

I don't know I don't know how good the JBL stadium 4 amp is I'm guessing it's halfway decent but nowhere near on the level of audio control or some of the better brands.

So I guess I need to change my question I guess now I'm looking for a standalone DSP problem is now that takes up more space which in a Fiat 500 you don't have a lot of room but I guess if I could get a small enough when I could make it work.

So I guess now I'm rephrasing my question I'm looking for a good standalone DSP probably with four in six out minimum$500 and under.

I think I will add a DSP first tune it and see where I stand and then if that doesn't meet my requirement I will probably change out the amp in the speakers which will be the only thing left.

The audio control I believe it's the 601 standalone DSP that thing's about 6 years old that came out is that still relevant today is that still up to par with today's technology?.
Check ebay they have cheap ones from audio Control I have a couple dm 810s I love them I also use the helix those 2 brands have proven above and beyond both have Bluetooth capabilities with separate attachments

Hey I appreciate your help everybody have another stupid question.. should I remove the crossovers that are in my front door of my car I have one in each door that is controlling the front component speakers?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...