Amp setup recommendation

you need a 3 channel or a 5 channel amp. You cannot do it with a 4 channel amp with that subwoofer because when you bridge a 4 channel amp, the lowest ohm load it can go is 4 ohms. Your subwoofer being wired to 2 ohms will fry the amp.
I don't think my sub has to be wired for a 2 ohm load, it can be run in either 4 ohm or 2 ohm load. Are you suggesting it's best to run it in the 2 ohm load though?

I don't think my sub has to be wired for a 2 ohm load, it can be run in either 4 ohm or 2 ohm load. Are you suggesting it's best to run it in the 2 ohm load though?
no. you need to check properly and find out WHAT ohm your sub really is.

a 4 ohm Dual voice coil subwoofer can only be wired 2 ohms or 8 ohms

a 2 ohm dual voice coil subwoofer can only be wired 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Check again.

no. you need to check properly and find out WHAT ohm your sub really is.a 4 ohm Dual voice coil subwoofer can only be wired 2 ohms or 8 ohms

a 2 ohm dual voice coil subwoofer can only be wired 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Check again.
It is a 4 ohm DVC. So I guess it can only be wired for 2 or 8 ohms. Since that is the case then if I wire those 2 channels on the amp from my earlier example for this 8 ohm load will that be safe?

1_4ohm_dvc_8ohm.gif

It is a 4 ohm DVC. So I guess it can only be wired for 2 or 8 ohms. Since that is the case then if I wire those 2 channels on the amp from my earlier example for this 8 ohm load will that be safe?
yes that will be fine you'll get very little output unless you have a very beefy 4 channel amp though. Keep expectations within reason and you should be happy. It wont shake anything but it'll reinforce the low end of the spectrum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.