amp setup questions for a nub like me :D

iG frequency
10+ year member

va
alright. so im somewhat new with car audio but i have went ahead and bought a phat ass system*or at least for me is phat*

my setup:

Magnum d2 12 inch subwoofer

CDT compoent speakers

Alpine CDA-7995

Us Acustics USX2100 amplifier

*need to get my hands on a Tsunami DB1100 amp for sub.*

i think i will need to buy a new alternator becuase the stock one on my 94 civic isnt gonna power my system i dont think. But is there anything else that i need to power the two amp's properly? im gonna get 4 gauge wires for the power. But do i only run ONE power cord from the battery to my trunk and split it somehow to power both amps? or do i run Two wires? And could it be possible to just buy a good capacitor instead of the new alternator and still have my system work fine? or should i really need to get a 130amp alternator to power my 1000rms system?

any help is appreciated thnx! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

adam

umm this will be the best i'll make it. i dont want to go into competition or anything

But Shrinky... what about the two amp setup? do i have to buy two sets of power/ground wire kits? so do i use the same wire, but just split it somehow...

Yeah, you split the power wire and ground wire with distribution blocks. You need two d-blocks if you are running two amps, one for power, one for ground. Run one power wire from the battery back to the distribution block. From the block, you can run wire to each of your amps. Do the same thing with the ground wire. Run one ground wire from your chassis (or whatever bare metal surface you ground to) to the other distribution block and run wire to each of your amps. Also, DO NOT FORGET to install an inline fuse holder with a fuse near your battery. If you do this, I personally don't think you need to spend the extra money on a fused distribution block for your power wire. Either way, the distribution block for your ground definitely does not need to be fused so buy a cheap one. If you are not sure what a distribution block or an inline fuse holder look like, go to http://www.knukonceptz.com and look around. You will get a feel for what these items look like.

Wait on the alt...see how your system sounds w/o it. No use spending $375 on something you don't need!! Take a look at the black cable going from your negative battery terminal to your engine block.....Is it smaller than the wire you are installing? If so either replace this wire with a smaller gauge (bigger wire) or run your ground cable directly to your battery. I have noticed this problem on a lot of foreign cars....and newer cars, too.

$100 is a LOT for a kit. You can do better by going to KnuKonceptz.com. I hear even walmart has a 4awg kit for around $30 - $35. I don't remember if it includes distribution blocks for multiple amps, but I think it did. Shop around, circuit city and best buy are VERY overpriced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.