Amp Settings help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hayden_b

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’ve recently purchased a pre build box with two twelve inch subs at 4 ohms and 500 watts with a JL audio 500/1 amp for my challenger. I also have a line out converter since I have a factory head unit. I have absolutely no idea how to tune the amp and would appreciate some recommended settings.

Thanks captain obvious. If it was that easy I wouldn’t be asking for help.
Sorry for taking the time to reply, First Mate. If you are that much of a novice, take it to a shop and let them tune it.
No need to respond, as I won't be able to see it. You only have 2 posts, and already being added to my ignore list for your brash comment. Congratulation.

The amp and converter

Attachments

• FB4B11C7-9AA6-46B4-9290-80689C7C1354.jpeg
    FB4B11C7-9AA6-46B4-9290-80689C7C1354.jpeg
    762.5 KB · Views: 84
  • C4EE6A7E-764E-4CD8-B909-C642E0A14DFD.jpeg
    C4EE6A7E-764E-4CD8-B909-C642E0A14DFD.jpeg
    653.1 KB · Views: 84
  • E57CA870-1606-4EA6-95B5-7A6712C70C2A.jpeg
    E57CA870-1606-4EA6-95B5-7A6712C70C2A.jpeg
    686 KB · Views: 84
Also my amp doesn’t have a specified “gain” knob either
it'll say level or input sensitivty rarely does it ever get labeled gain.
Your audio control's main is the gain. The accubass is bass restoration, you want to use that and not the other bass knob that should be zero. You want the settings on the LC2i high and the amplifier gain settings low. After setting the audio control gains, put your amp gains at zero and any sort of bass boost option off. Proceed to play your hardest hitting music and raise the gain till it stops getting louder, then back it off a notch.

it'll say level or input sensitivty rarely does it ever get labeled gain.
Your audio control's main is the gain. The accubass is bass restoration, you want to use that and not the other bass knob that should be zero. You want the settings on the LC2i high and the amplifier gain settings low. After setting the audio control gains, put your amp gains at zero and any sort of bass boost option off. Proceed to play your hardest hitting music and raise the gain till it stops getting louder, then back it off a notch.
Very Appreciated I’ll come back with the results tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.