Amp Recommendations

Rdangeau

CarAudio.com Newbie
Arkansas
Have a kicker sol baric 15“ 2ohm sub. Currently have a hiphonics 2400 amp connected. I know it’s a cheap model and I don’t feel as if I’m getting all I should with that sub. what would be a good recommendation? dont want to break the bank...$500 or less?

Have a kicker sol baric 15“ 2ohm sub. Currently have a hiphonics 2400 amp connected. I know it’s a cheap model and I don’t feel as if I’m getting all I should with that sub. what would be a good recommendation? dont want to break the bank...$500 or less?
Picture of your box along with letting us know what head unit you have and how your gains are set

I had a 15" L7 on a ZX1500.1 and it was a good match. Mine was dual four ohm and the same was only two ohm stable though.

Stock head unit with pac amp pro ap4-fd21
So the stock head unit cutting off bass signals from built in high pass crossovers is definitely holding you back like it'll reduce the performance of any setup you have by 70% kind of bad. The box is absolute trash as well, dont expect any kind of performance out of that box at all. So those are the key issues you need to address. You subs and amps are fine

Dayton dsp and bluetooth dongle costs 180 or a kicker sum8 works too.
A custom ported box (can copy shredder's design) would cost you 300. There thats how you should spend your 500.

Next thing on your list afterwards is upgrading electricals

Last edited:
It sets in the back seat of 2013 Ford F-150 supercrew. any suggestions? i guess I have too large sub for application. previously it was in larger box which was located in trunk of car

So the stock head unit cutting off bass signals from built in high pass crossovers is definitely holding you back like it'll reduce the performance of any setup you have by 70% kind of bad. The box is absolute trash as well, dont expect any kind of performance out of that box at all. So those are the key issues you need to address. You subs and amps are fine
So get rid of amp pro? how do I connect amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.