Amp Reccomendations for Memphis Mojo 12

Participant count
  • Participant list
I think I found the right battery brand for under my hood
Starting Archives - XS Power

Should I get the D series or S series for my engine battery? S series comes with automotive posts, so I should get one of those right? They don't say what BCI group the batteries are, so should I just go off of their dimensions and get the biggest one possible for my car which takes type 35?

If I get a secondary battery, I'm assuming I should get a D series of some size?
Put a D series under the hood and in the trunk. D series are deep cycles, S series are a starting battery, mainly designed to save space and weight which is important in race car applications.

" things to separate them out if you want to make it more clear
i know, i was on my cell which makes thin difficult

right on, wasnt trollin ya or anything, just trying to help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Put a D series under the hood and in the trunk. D series are deep cycles, S series are a starting battery, mainly designed to save space and weight which is important in race car applications.
Now I'm confused. On this link, Nathan from XS Power says the 12v d and s series are the same besides terminals, but the 14v or 16v are different, similar to how you described the 12v's.

Also, based off of what Natan is saying, should I get the XP series for the trunk?

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180191-difference-between-s-d-and-xp-series-batteries/

This flew right over my head as I was reading it. derp
Herpa-derp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Interesting what he said about 12v D and S. I would just do D all the way around.
Those flippin boobs and parrot... LoL

Interesting what he said about 12v D and S. I would just do D all the way around.
I wanna say Nathan is correct though. If you look two of the same xs 12v batteries from the s and d series, they have the exact same capabilities and weights, but when you look at two of the same xs 16v batteries from the s and d series, they have different capabilities and weights.

S975 - 12V AGM Battery

D975 - 12V AGM Battery

D1600 - 16V AGM Battery

S1600 - 16V AGM Battery

This would confirm the idea that the 12v s and d series are the same batteries, but not the 14v or 16v.

So if you passed that wattage, your voice coil would burn up if it hasn't already?

Not immediately but its life would be shortened the longer that it's exposed to high amounts of heat without the ability to dissipate it. Usually what happens is the glue gives up and the coil windings become undone like the pic you posted.

When a subwoofer has an advertised maximum wattage is that the mechanical or electric limit of the subwoofer?
electric limit?!

omg these words keep getting more and more.....

maximum wattage us referred to same thing as peak power. Means nothing and shouldn't worry about it. You should keep an eye open for continuous/rms....its more important because it's every minute, every hour....peak just means a few seconds.

Do you guys think It is necessary for you engine battery to be an expensive battery from a company such as XS Power, if you already have a an expensive audio battery dedicated just for the subwoofer?

Nope. Some people choose one over another. I just recently got a brand new battery from Costco, replacing my old Optima. It was 85 bucks and cheaper than what auto parts stores offer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.