Amp Reccomendations for Memphis Mojo 12

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'd like to go above and beyond what the mojo needs, but I don't think I need to go that over. When I said I want to leave room for bigger subs, I meant maybe a 2500 or 3000 watt. It looks Mechman does not have any subaru alts. I could get one of their universals, but how would I know if it will fit? Are GP batteries better than XS power?
A universal alt would likely require mounting hardware to make sure it fits

I found these as well, but I have no idea how many amps I need. Are alts always this expensive or is my car just very specific?

I found these as well, but I have no idea how many amps I need. Are alts always this expensive or is my car just very specific?

Welcome to car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Get as big of an alt as you can afford...preferably from a reputable company.

As far as amps I'd suggest the Orion XTR2500 or the Wolfram 3k or go for broke with a Twisted Sounds 2.8k (actually does closer to 4k)
Would these amps leave room for sub upgrades? What is the max rms wattage sub you can safely run on each of these?

Would these amps leave room for sub upgrades? What is the max rms wattage sub you can safely run on each of these?
Sub upgrades beyond what you already have will require more amplifier power and more electrical upgrades. You can increase the cone area on the same amp or wire to a lower ohm load which will squeeze out a little more power.

The TS2.8k will push the sub closest to its maximum capability. Due to impedance rise when the sub plays it doesn't receive the full output of the amp. You can safely power subs with an amp rated for 3-4x what the sub is rated for.

Sub upgrades beyond what you already have will require more amplifier power and more electrical upgrades.
So you're saying the amps that you linked are only capable to power the mojo, and if i were to get a bigger sub, they would no longer provide enough power safely?

You can safely power subs with an amp rated for 3-4x what the sub is rated for.
Are you implying that an amp rated any less than 3-4x what the sub is rated for is not safe?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.