Amp reating

Participant count
  • Participant list
What happened to @slo-ride?
No telling with that guy man. He may have pissed the wrong guy or the like off and ate some serious pavement and hasnt recovered yet?? Or a Long Hunting trip and the only one that didnt come back home? Found a Nice cave to stay in for the winter??LOL👀 👀 👀 💩

I have a four channel that is 500 x 4 @ 4 ohms does that mean the amp if 500 per channel or is it 500 divided by 4 so that would be 125 per channel any info would be greatly appreciated thank you
You should be able to Download the PDF for that amp to have for wiring it up and keeping for future needs.

No telling with that guy man. He may have pissed the wrong guy or the like off and ate some serious pavement and hasnt recovered yet?? Or a Long Hunting trip and the only one that didnt come back home? Found a Nice cave to stay in for the winter??LOL👀 👀 👀 💩

He seemed like he had a pretty legit job to me. He posted pics where he was a ting like he was a Superintendent or something on construction projects.

Because that's the exact same as bridging 3/4 at 2ohm

I've ran many systems with one 4 channel amp. This one has some sub power. Did you see these two newly released amps? 7 channel and 4 channel.

Screenshot_20221104-131129_Facebook.jpg
20221104_143251.jpg

He seemed like he had a pretty legit job to me. He posted pics where he was a ting like he was a Superintendent or something on construction projects.

That's equally possible. I'm a supervisor over crane and rigging for quite a large turnaround company. When we are on turnaround 14hr days aren't uncommon sometimes for months at a time. Come January it's gonna be balls to the wall for me till March January 10th we picking up a 1.4million lb structure to replace the 4 500klb drums under it then putting it back together with the updated structure weighing right at 1.5million lb

I've ran many systems with one 4 channel amp. This one has some sub power. Did you see these two newly released amps? 7 channel and 4 channel.

View attachment 44444View attachment 44445

Yea that jp77 has me wanting to do 3way. I really want to buy one now. The s/n ratio is low though as it dampening I also don't like the RCA connectors. If I order it I'm gonna call and set if I can get an extra set of rcas connectors at an added cost. Ddaudio burned me on that style of rcas and I ended up having to make my own

Lots of trolls and people just trying to cause drama over the years. And naturally the generation that was basshead in the late 80s and 90s are getting older and pushing other priorities first.

I didn't get into bass till 07-08 and I'm still fairly young so it still interest me but even I have started turning more towards sq and away from straight bass. Now that my truck is almost paid off(just 3 more notes) I'm gonna try and cut the door panels to fit 8s and do pods on the dash for 3inch mids with my current tweeters. Never have done 3way but I'm interested to try it. Gonna set up 2way first then add the mids I think.

Spending the money on quality dsp and measuring equipment as well as just build equipment like a full set of router bits tailored around car audio I want this to pretty much be my last system in this truck. $3500 in equipment, install gear, test gear is alot yet not alot so we'll see. I'm shooting for completion by next summer. Totally do able but I need to reign in a few bills which means working as many 80+ hr weeks as I can
I am a Basshead from the Mid 80s,.. Ive had so many systems and installed ,worked in shops on weekends and all kinds of stuff as one of the Hobby portions, and held a 40-80hr weekly job for years with a pension coming soon. Ive had some really large build outs and loud ones even.Expensive, Dirt Cheap and just a plain HU and 5.25 coax at times. LOL. i will do my last Large buildout to try for the 150DB crowd and at least to say I have made it on paper . Then Ill go back to more of a SQ/SQL type sound system. I have the gear.. its been TIME that Ive always needed. Im finally about to have that time and utilize my tools and see if I still have any patience left/Learn some more. LOL. I want to do my 20014 2500HD 4 dr. with a nice sound system in it.Just need the time. Have everything with exception of a DD HU, though I could use an older SDin HU I have on hand. All my vehicles are older.. but paid off and in mechaniacly excellent shape as i take care of them in that respect.

I am a Basshead from the Mid 80s,.. Ive had so many systems and installed ,worked in shops on weekends and all kinds of stuff as one of the Hobby portions, and held a 40-80hr weekly job for years with a pension coming soon. Ive had some really large build outs and loud ones even.Expensive, Dirt Cheap and just a plain HU and 5.25 coax at times. LOL. i will do my last Large buildout to try for the 150DB crowd and at least to say I have made it on paper . Then Ill go back to more of a SQ/SQL type sound system. I have the gear.. its been TIME that Ive always needed. Im finally about to have that time and utilize my tools and see if I still have any patience left/Learn some more. LOL. I want to do my 20014 2500HD 4 dr. with a nice sound system in it.Just need the time. Have everything with exception of a DD HU, though I could use an older SDin HU I have on hand. All my vehicles are older.. but paid off and in mechaniacly excellent shape as i take care of them in that respect.

Yea the whole double din unit I think has went out the window for me with the new oversized models. I think I'm going with the alpine f509 in my truck for tidal music integration over wifi. That gets me fairly high fedelity signal into and out of the deck to my dsp. If you use apple music your options are much broader

Some people like to take Pics of themselves on C.Sites to show that they are someone or doing something rather than actually doing any work. Not to say he is that type of person.. But Ive never had time to take pics of myself on any C. Site jobs. Im working. I dont have time for that. I was 120Ft in the Air on a Boom Lift in a Busy 6 bay area doing my work.. I seethe kid down below me that was supposed to be spotting and watching for any trucks getting too close and breaking the Marked off barrierer i had , and the Kid is doing a Vid of himself with me in the back ground. A semi can approx 2 ft from one of the wheels on my boom crossing the barrier?? WTF?? I ran that joker off

Last edited:
Yea the whole double din unit I think has went out the window for me with the new oversized models. I think I'm going with the alpine f509 in my truck for tidal music integration over wifi. That gets me fairly high fedelity signal into and out of the deck to my dsp. If you use apple music your options are much broader
Ill have to look that unit up.. Im still more Old school. I use Samsung Android. I stopped using Iphones due to the expense and having to purchase Apps that are free on Google. Im not sure If I want to use a DSP unless its built into the HU, Ill be fine with that. Ill do some searching for sure

I deff dont need a 27" screen or anything like that.. LOL Simply hook up a Laptop through USB or B.Tooth/Wifi be just fine if i need to

Ill have to look that unit up.. Im still more Old school. I use Samsung Android. I stopped using Iphones due to the expense and having to purchase Apps that are free on Google. Im not sure If I want to use a DSP unless its built into the HU, Ill be fine with that. Ill do some searching for sure
Some people like to take Pics of themselves on C.Sites to show that they are someone or doing something rather than actually doing any work. Not to say he is that type of person.. But Ive never had time to take pics of myself on any C. Site jobs. Im working. I dont have time for that. I was 120Ft in the Air on a Boom Lift in a Busy 6 bay area doing my work.. I seethe kid down below me that was supposed to be spotting and watching for any trucks getting too close and breaking the Marked off barrierer i had , and the Kid is doing a Vid of himself with me in the back ground. A semi can approx 2 ft from one of the wheels on my boom crossing the barrier?? WTF?? I ran that joker off

Down time is realative to craft. In rigging we have a lot of down time waiting on the next need to use the crane. On the flip side we also bust ass building rigging systems and bullrigging things using manual rigging instead of cranes and winches. Always fun moving something 150klbs with 4 rollers and a 3ton come along. Or using a 2inch 9braid. When the rigging gets heavier than I am I start wishing for another job.

My craft also tends to rope in forklifts and truck driving so it often appears like we don't do alot but we support everyone and take liability for everyone's safety when using any of that equipment.

As far as decks with built in dsp, pioneers network mode is decent. Decent crossovers, time alignment, but a modest eq. Alpine and Kenwood have similar setups but I'm not familiar with them. I believe they are parametric eq vs graphic of the pioneer. I think I'm going with the dd dsi-3 for my dsp. It's simple enough for what I want and has a 31band eq for each channel

Based on the specifications, its 500 per channel at 4 ohms.

Rated Power @ 14.4 Volts
4 x 500 Watts @ 4Ω
4 x 1000 Watts @ 1Ω
2 x 2000 Watts @ 2Ω Bridged
Thank for the reply I have a second question with this apm I was planning on running a OSW8D4 which is 1500 watts max and 350 rms I was planning on wiring the sub at 8 ohms and bridge on channels 3 and 4 so the amp won't over power the sub and was also wanting to run some 6.5 speakers which are 4 ohms and 300 watts max and 70 watts rms so can I wire them in series for a 8 ohm loud so the amp won't over power them and bridge them to channels 1 and 2 would this configuration work any info would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

Yea it would work but unless you already have the amp I would've went with something different.

Thank for the reply I have a second question with this apm I was planning on running a OSW8D4 which is 1500 watts max and 350 rms I was planning on wiring the sub at 8 ohms and bridge on channels 3 and 4 so the amp won't over power the sub and was also wanting to run some 6.5 speakers which are 4 ohms and 300 watts max and 70 watts rms so can I wire them in series for a 8 ohm loud so the amp won't over power them and bridge them to channels 1 and 2 would this configuration work any info would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...