amp problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

uncfanforlife07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Raleigh, NC
ok, so i took my car to a car audio shop for them to put in my new sub that they blew and replaced. but not they say my amp isnt working, according to them it is putting out no output. so what could have caused this, what is the problem, and can it be fixed? also if it can be fixed is this going to be really expensive? i have a mtx 81000d that was modded by someone on here. thanks for any help. im a car audio noob but i have a friend that use to do installs and stuff that is going to look at it thurs or friday.

That is quite possibley the vaguest question to ever have been asked.

There are millions of things that could have gone wrong; why couldn't the shop diagnose the problem for you? And if the amplifier was working before you took it there, wouldn't that tell you they screwed something up?

You probably have a brain, use it.

That is quite possibley the vaguest question to ever have been asked.
There are millions of things that could have gone wrong; why couldn't the shop diagnose the problem for you? And if the amplifier was working before you took it there, wouldn't that tell you they screwed something up?

You probably have a brain, use it.
i know its really vague, i was tired and just figured id ask, i dont know why the shop couldnt do it, i dont think they do repairs or anything i think they only sell and do installs ( poorly), it was working and then my sub blew bc they turned my gain wide open and so i disconnected the ciruit and hadnt turned it on untill when they did.

see they are saying that either the sub or the amp was bad to start out with which is why the sub blew and now the amp is messed up because of it. the sub blew in exactly 24 hrs from when they installed it. see i dont know much about car audio so i talk to the guy that sold me the stuff and he will tell me something and then i go to the store and try and tell them that and they say something different so then i go back and talk to the guy etc etc, i dont know what to do or how much responsibility the store has since everything i bought was previously used

sound to me like this shop dont know ****!!! u can check the amp urself with ur dmm to see if ur getting anything out the amp itself. if he says the subs are bad u can also check that with a dmm also. check the fuses on the amp itself.

sound to me like this shop dont know ****!!! u can check the amp urself with ur dmm to see if ur getting anything out the amp itself. if he says the subs are bad u can also check that with a dmm also. check the fuses on the amp itself.
If you do all that dude you will eventually find your problem...hopefully

If it worked b4 you took it in, it has to work when they give it back to you, POINT BLANK. Tell them you are going to make out a police report and also that you are going to report them to your local newspaper.

If it worked b4 you took it in, it has to work when they give it back to you, POINT BLANK. Tell them you are going to make out a police report and also that you are going to report them to your local newspaper.
yea the thing is i dont know for sure it was working when i gave it to them, originally everything worked and i needed some adjustments made on my headunit, i had a guy on here install the sub and amp but i needed a bigger furse and he had to leave, so i told them to not touch the amp jus the h/u and my gain gets turned all the way up, then 24 hrs later my sub blows, i take my car back and after talking for a while they get mine replaced, they called their pionner rep and convinced him to warranty it, then i go back to pick up the new sub and they say my amp is dead, after the sub blew i flipped the switch on my circuit so that no power would go and it hadnt been touched untill i took it to them. my amp was also modified before i bought it. theyve been nice to me but they think all the stuff i bought was not good and thats why everythings messed up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.