Amp going into protection at high volume.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ive had my system for around 8 months without any issue. Then my battery cable became corroded and i needed to replace the power wire that ran from my fuse to my battery. In this process i went ahead and upgraded my battery and now when i play my system the amp cuts out and goes into protection mode and then will come back on for a second and then will cut out again. It will work fine at low volume but only does it when it pulls a lot of power for really bassey songs. I have had absolutely no issue with the setup before the replacement of the battery and power wire. I am running 4 gauge wire as my ground and power wire. Its a kicker zx1000.1 running 2 alpine type r's. I havent changed any of the wiring in the setup because it worked perfect for so long. HELP!!!

Ive had my system for around 8 months without any issue. Then my battery cable became corroded and i needed to replace the power wire that ran from my fuse to my battery. In this process i went ahead and upgraded my battery and now when i play my system the amp cuts out and goes into protection mode and then will come back on for a second and then will cut out again. It will work fine at low volume but only does it when it pulls a lot of power for really bassey songs. I have had absolutely no issue with the setup before the replacement of the battery and power wire. I am running 4 gauge wire as my ground and power wire. Its a kicker zx1000.1 running 2 alpine type r's. I havent changed any of the wiring in the setup because it worked perfect for so long. HELP!!!
You have high resistance and it's causing the voltage to drop and the amp to protect. The battery itself probably doesn't have anything to do with it. You need to make sure all of your connections are free of corrosion and tight. You also need to make sure you hooked up the alternator charging wire back to the battery.

Take a DMM and check your Resistance, I had a similar problem and just re running the wire on the subs, as well as tightening up and checking the power wires helped

Take a DMM and check your Resistance, I had a similar problem and just re running the wire on the subs, as well as tightening up and checking the power wires helped
DMM probably will not measure this resistance. It is too small to measure but under a heavy current draw rears its ugly head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.