Amp going in protect mode randomly

Participant count
  • Participants list
It sounds like a loose connection or ground somewhere. If it isn't that then the amp might be on it's way out. Play your system while parked and see if it happens.

Was the bottom plate of that amp rubbing on those capacitors because they were mounted poorly?

That appears to be a rather cheaply made Chinese amp so build quality issues are your likely issue.

Was the bottom plate of that amp rubbing on those capacitors because they were mounted poorly?

That appears to be a rather cheaply made Chinese amp so build quality issues are your likely issue.
No there is good clearance between the caps and the bottom plate seems like its just cheap quality amp

No there is good clearance between the caps and the bottom plate seems like its just cheap quality amp
For all you know they were like that when it was built then. Of course that could just be a red herring and the problem is something else.

If you have confirmed that the amp isn't seeing a short or other low impedance issue at the speaker terminals, that you're not having high or low input voltage issues, and you're not just trying to push it beyond what it's capable for power output (does it happen at low/moderate power levels?) I'd say it's time to start amp shopping. It would be hard for me to justify throwing a bunch of money trying to repair something like that.

For all you know they were like that when it was built then. Of course that could just be a red herring and the problem is something else.

If you have confirmed that the amp isn't seeing a short or other low impedance issue at the speaker terminals, that you're not having high or low input voltage issues, and you're not just trying to push it beyond what it's capable for power output (does it happen at low/moderate power levels?) I'd say it's time to start amp shopping. It would be hard for me to justify throwing a bunch of money trying to repair something like that.
It happens on all volumes and im not pushing it anywhere near limits

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...