Amp goes into protection mode when i hook speakers up. Please help driving me crazy

if the amp only goes into protect with the sub connected and not with the sub not connected I would think the problem lies with the sub. But without a dmm to see what the coils are resting at we are basically just theorizing. Need to get some tools in there and figure it out.

Does the amp go in protect as soon as it turns on or when the volume gets turned up?

so i think the amp is toast as soon as the amp turns on with subs connected its going into protect mode. So i went and bought a little 900 watt max pioneer amp at walmart for now it says ill get 225rms x 2 at 2 ohms now my question is i have my sub wired at 4 ohms How do i wire my Single kicker sub to have a final load of 2 ohms when it goes to the amp its a 2ohm sub duel voice coil let me know please

so i think the amp is toast as soon as the amp turns on with subs connected its going into protect mode. So i went and bought a little 900 watt max pioneer amp at walmart for now it says ill get 225rms x 2 at 2 ohms now my question is i have my sub wired at 4 ohms How do i wire my Single kicker sub to have a final load of 2 ohms when it goes to the amp its a 2ohm sub duel voice coil let me know please
U cant wire a dual 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms ..only 1 ohm or 4 u shoulda asked before buying that amp is garbage ..probably do like 100rms at 4 ohms lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.