Ground loop help! Im going crazy. Please

Participant count
  • Participants list

PSkyWalker

Hey guys, hows it going? Im new to this forum and just wanna introduce myself and a problem im having.

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS and I am having that dreaded ground loop (or some issue, im not sure)

Whenever I turn the ignition to accessory, the speakers come on and sub comes on but no "whining noise" and then when I turn the car engine on and the alternator starts spinning, then my speakers emit that "whining noise."

I read the articles on this forum about fixing ground loops and I tried to do whatever my knowledge about car audio systems, electrical, wiring, etc would allow me to do.

I wrapped a speaker wire around the rca terminals on my Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD DVD Multimedia Receiver. I wrapped a speaker wire around both the front speaker terminals and rear speaker terminals as well as the subwoofer terminals and connected those 3 wires to 3 different points on the HUD itself. I also did the same thing to my Infinity Kappa Five amp in the rear. Wrapped the front, rear, and subwoofer terminals with speaker wire and connected them to the chassis of my car in the hatch.

I found some insight as to the problem, whenever I disconnect my subwoofer cables from either the HUD or Amp in the back, the whining noise seems to go away, but when I reconnect them, the whining noise comes back more so in my rear speakers than front or so I believe. Either way I just want to get rid of that **** noise.

I use Rocketfish insulated RCA cables for the speakers and I use a Kicker 2 channel RCA audio cables.

Like I said, whenever I remove those subwoofer cables, the whining goes away.

Can anyone give me any info on why the subwoofer cables or terminals are causing that problem and what I can do to fix it?

Please help me out if you can!

Thanks again and thanks for taking the time to help me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.