Amp for a 2ohm Alpine R (Newest one)

Okay well should I get the precision power 1000w RMS amp or should I go with the soundqubed? I don't see that the precision power amp is one ohm stable but I Haven't heard of any problems people having with it running on one ohm. And I would save around $90.
And is there a way to run less power to the sub then what the amp is pushing to the sub? Like isthere a way to run at 800w RMS instead of 1000? I know it is probably a stupid question haha
I have no personal experience with either amp. I'd wait for someone else to chime in and give you an opinion, or you can take a look at the specs of both and see if you can make a decision based off of that. Good luck!

@Curtonamis; Sorry I didnt catch your last question about running less power to the sub. Yes, that is what I explained earlier. All amps have a "gain" control screw/knob, which controls the voltage the amp sends through the wires coming out of it and going into the sub (essentially a volume control, but it's not one you touch often. You set it once and dont touch it again unless you want to tweak your settings). If you set your gain with a digital multimeter (available for around $25 at radioshack) you will be able to know exactly how far to turn up the amp's gain. There are a couple good videos on YouTube showing how you do this. It takes no more than 5 minutes. There is a formula you use, something like square root of the (ohms x desired watts) I think. As I said before. You could power a sub that can only handle 300 watts RMS with a 1 million watt amp, so long as you set the gain correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Curtonamis

Curtonamis
Wichita, Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Curtonamis