Very confused

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingjd7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Kent Ohio
Alright I may sound like a complete noob, but I have been out of the car audio game for years. Recently I just hooked up some stuff I had in my garage, a Us amps usa-100 and a Audiobahn AW1500Q 15" sub. now I know audiobahn ***** for sq but this thing gets pretty loud with the USA-100 it blurrs my vision in a empty econoline van, plus I bought the sub for dirt cheap many years ago. Anyway I wanted more power so I picked up a diamond D3 600.1. The specs on the Diamond show it being 400 watts rms@ 2 ohms, the USA-100 specs say 315 watts RMS@ 2ohms. I disconnected the USA-100, and hooked up the Diamond. I was very disappointed in how the Diamond was not even close to being as loud as the the USA-100. I probably spent 45 minutes messing with the settings on the head unit, and the Diamond amp trying to make it louder. So do you need to really push a Mono amp to one ohm to get performance even though it states 400 watts rms @ 2 ohms? Is the USA-100 That much under rated, or is the Diamond just that much over rated? I have been researching the Diamond, and from everything i've read they are really good amps. The USA-100 is one of the really old ones with only wires coming out of it, no terminals.

Thanks for the help.

So is the Diamond what 400 watts actually sounds like, and the USA-100 is just that good? Sounds like I need to learn to clamp amps. I'm really curious what the us amp is putting out.

I was thinking about buying a 8" 2 ohm dvc sub for my daily driver. Maybe i'll just hold on to the Diamond for that. I was thinking about getting 2 different 15's for my van. Now i'm afraid to buy a newer amp...lol. the last loud system I had was 4 12's on a Audio art 100hc back in the late 90's. I should have never sold that amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.