quick question....

Participant count
  • Participant list

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
MICHIGAN
ok, i'm attempting to set my gains with the dmm, don't know what to use when it comes to test tones? 50hz, or 60hz subs in a sealed box 1.25cu per sub, any suggestions on the test tone? i downloaded the 50hz sine 0db one from realm excursion, will this be good? i listen to hip hop...

So if you're running all 1600 watts at 1 ohm you'll want 40 volts AC on the DMM
right, just tryin to figure out this cheap $3 dmm, lol and double check everything, already toasted another 12, glad i bought 5, guess its time to do it right instead of just playing it by ear...lol

yep....clipping is a *****! But even then you won't know if you're clipping unless you have an O-scope or a DD-1. the DMM is just going to tell you what your amp is putting out. If you have a large amp with great electrical and clean signal from the deck...chances are you'll be just fine and not clip with the DMM setting. Mine's pretty clean but my amp can put out 2200 RMS @ 1 ohm. I'm only running it at 800 RMS to 1 12". I like to have some Overhead to play with...

yep....clipping is a *****! But even then you won't know if you're clipping unless you have an O-scope or a DD-1. the DMM is just going to tell you what your amp is putting out. If you have a large amp with great electrical and clean signal from the deck...chances are you'll be just fine and not clip with the DMM setting. Mine's pretty clean but my amp can put out 2200 RMS @ 1 ohm. I'm only running it at 800 RMS to 1 12". I like to have some Overhead to play with...
yup, o scope is next... yeah i know i had a dirty signal... alot of people said turn everything to 0 and alot said set it to your daily listening settings... advice?

yup, o scope is next... yeah i know i had a dirty signal... alot of people said turn everything to 0 and alot said set it to your daily listening settings... advice?

What deck do you have??? Does it have sub control? My Clarion NX501 has a sub control setting and I put that to 12 of 14 when I re-tuned my setup to 800 RMS. Sounds great, doesn't get smelly, and it seems pretty **** clean (no oscope either) Then turn gain up to get your output ac voltage you need. My normal BASS settings and everything were on 0 and then I had mid-bass and treble up but those are filtered out by the amp.

What deck do you have??? Does it have sub control? My Clarion NX501 has a sub control setting and I put that to 12 of 14 when I re-tuned my setup to 800 RMS. Sounds great, doesn't get smelly, and it seems pretty **** clean (no oscope either) Then turn gain up to get your output ac voltage you need. My normal BASS settings and everything were on 0 and then I had mid-bass and treble up but those are filtered out by the amp.
3400ub , my current settings are bass 4 mid 0 and treble 2 sub 0 loud off, sla 0 , sound rtrv 2

turn the bass to 0.....mid to 2....treble to 3....sub to 4/6 or 5/7 or whatever control it is and the rest leave as is.

Now what does your volume go up to??? 30?

Mine goes to 40 and I set mine at 32/40 when I tuned mine to 800 rms

turn the bass to 0.....mid to 2....treble to 3....sub to 4/6 or 5/7 or whatever control it is and the rest leave as is.
Now what does your volume go up to??? 30?

Mine goes to 40 and I set mine at 32/40 when I tuned mine to 800 rms
vol. goes to 62....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.