Please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Carlos1son

CarAudio.com Regular
If I have the bass knob on a jd1000 turned all the way up and my gains are set correctly on the amp will I damage the speakers?. I have a jd1000 on 2 w3s in a ported box they each take 500 watts rms per speaker if the bass knob is turned all the way up does that mean the speakers are getting the exact rms or am I wrong?

It’s a ford edge, it’s a jl spec box for 2 w3’s. Located in the hatch of my suv facing towards window, it was adjusted by a shop for the W0 not the W3s I just put in I just connected them to the amp and made no adjustments and they sound fine I just don’t want to damage anything I noticed my lights are slightly dimming now when the bass hits the headlights not dash.

The bass knob only increases a certain frequency. I think Rockford increases the 40hz so yes you can blow them having the bass knob all the way up even though the tune maybe correct.

And going from 0 to the 3s you have a bit of what’s called headroom. This is bc it was supposedly tuned for lesser speakers.
Conceivably you could turn the gain up for the sub amp. Should you choose to do this, use caution.

And going from 0 to the 3s you have a bit of what’s called headroom. This is bc it was supposedly tuned for lesser speakers.
Conceivably you could turn the gain up for the sub amp. Should you choose to do this, use caution.
To be honest with the gain where it’s set and the volume knob halfway it’s enough it sounds great my eardrums can’t take too much more lol

The bass knob only increases a certain frequency. I think Rockford increases the 40hz so yes you can blow them having the bass knob all the way up even though the tune maybe correct.
The bass knob for the JD series is only a volume knob. It supposedly does not change the hz. In other amps it does though. So basically the more I turn the knob the more power I’m getting from the amp.

0EDA7B6B-5DD7-4DEB-91E5-483050DF91DA.png
I’m glad you’re loving your system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...