American bass XR vs XFL

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just out of curiosity, what's the main difference between these bad boys? I bought the XR the other day, should be in the mail shortly. My friend has the XFL 12s (two of them) My SA-10 was louder in my T-line with some decent sound quality. (I believe I was pushing around 400-500 to the SA-10) I'm making a T-Line for the XR-10.

I guess I'm just asking if the XR is above or below XFL level? I thought the XR was supposed to replace the XFL. They have practically the same RMS.

The XR and the XFL are on equal levels. From what i can tell, the XR is the newer model but it didnt catch on nearly as much as the XFL did. The XR has better soft parts for sq. The XFL is slightly louder than an XR at a small sq cost. Both subs are definitely the real deal tho.

The XR and the XFL are on equal levels. From what i can tell, the XR is the newer model but it didnt catch on nearly as much as the XFL did. The XR has better soft parts for sq. The XFL is slightly louder than an XR at a small sq cost. Both subs are definitely the real deal tho.
Niceeee. I had been thinking the XR was more SQ simply from the way it looks. Think it'll hit lows in a properly built t-line?

my xfls started breaking **** in my old charger. they just made that whole car jello. they got loud and slammed low also.

i have the xr's now and they match up pretty well. you can tell the difference between the two . i personally like the way the xr's sound over the xfls. but sometimes i reminisce on how the xfls just slammed.

my xfls started breaking **** in my old charger. they just made that whole car jello. they got loud and slammed low also. i have the xr's now and they match up pretty well. you can tell the difference between the two . i personally like the way the xr's sound over the xfls. but sometimes i reminisce on how the xfls just slammed.
How were your boxes tuned if you dont mind me asking?

my xfls started breaking **** in my old charger. they just made that whole car jello. they got loud and slammed low also. i have the xr's now and they match up pretty well. you can tell the difference between the two . i personally like the way the xr's sound over the xfls. but sometimes i reminisce on how the xfls just slammed.
I personally like LOUD and decent sounding. People always taunted my SA-10 for sounding good, and yes it did sound good, but wasn't loud enough for my taste. I like a mix of being able to throw whatever clean amount of power you want to a sub, while maintaining a decent sound quality. The Sundown just couldn't do that for me, 600 clean watts in a T-Line made the cone hot and coils smell. Had to turn it down most of the time (tuned with an oscope to my music taste.) Hopefully the AB will take that extra power and hit pretty great too. The SA-10 was able to do small hairtricks in my truck cabin. Absolutely vile in a t-line, just didn't like the power I gave it.

I personally like LOUD and decent sounding. People always taunted my SA-10 for sounding good, and yes it did sound good, but wasn't loud enough for my taste. I like a mix of being able to throw whatever clean amount of power you want to a sub, while maintaining a decent sound quality. The Sundown just couldn't do that for me, 600 clean watts in a T-Line made the cone hot and coils smell. Had to turn it down most of the time (tuned with an oscope to my music taste.) Hopefully the AB will take that extra power and hit pretty great too. The SA-10 was able to do small hairtricks in my truck cabin. Absolutely vile in a t-line, just didn't like the power I gave it.
you'll find the AB versions less efficient aka, you'll need to throw a lot more power at it for it to beat the SAs. You should do the new SA 750 rms version 12 in a T line or a 15 if you can fit it. Or else it'll just be an inefficient road of power dumping for output and sound quality.

I talked to the American Bass owner (Bob) a few months ago and he basically said what has been already stated (the XR won't get quite as loud but has better efficiency/soft parts and is lower distortion resulting in better SQ) and he even mentioned it's his favorite sub they offer.

XR is the better overall subwoofer than the XFL (slight less loud but better sound quality).

With the price/performance it offers (under 200 bucks, good sound quality, big magnet, can handle 1200-1500 watts) i'm surprised it hasn't been a huge/popular hit in the car audio world

How were your boxes tuned if you dont mind me asking?
4.5 cubes i think at 30 hz. 2k rms

the xfl and xr's were used in the same box. i didnt believe making a new box for the xr's were necessary seeing they are almost alike anyways.

they broke my mirrir. started tearing the headliner from the roof. the trunk and rear fenders had stress marks ni the paint from flexing.

I talked to the American Bass owner (Bob) a few months ago and he basically said what has been already stated (the XR won't get quite as loud but has better efficiency/soft parts and is lower distortion resulting in better SQ) and he even mentioned it's his favorite sub they offer.
XR is the better overall subwoofer than the XFL (slight less loud but better sound quality).

With the price/performance it offers (under 200 bucks, good sound quality, big magnet, can handle 1200-1500 watts) i'm surprised it hasn't been a huge/popular hit in the car audio world
**** under $200?

when i bought the xr's i paid over 250 each for them.

american bass is pretty popular here in cleveland. mainly because bob is located within miles of the city limits.

**** under $200? when i bought the xr's i paid over 250 each for them.

american bass is pretty popular here in cleveland. mainly because bob is located within miles of the city limits.
Yeah that seems too high. The guy who built my box was trying to sell them to me for 190 each (if I choose to go to the distribution center that he picks them up from they where $185 which is how much the distribution center sell them for on there ebay page).

you'll find the AB versions less efficient aka, you'll need to throw a lot more power at it for it to beat the SAs. You should do the new SA 750 rms version 12 in a T line or a 15 if you can fit it. Or else it'll just be an inefficient road of power dumping for output and sound quality.
I don't quite understand what you mean. I'm just not a fan of Sundown. No hate, I don't have any reason to tell people they ****, I just genuinely don't like them. I bought the AB XR 10 should be here shortly. I plan on giving it more power though.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

**** under $200? when i bought the xr's i paid over 250 each for them.

Bought mine for $179 even. No taxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.