American Bass XFL VS Lanzar Opti1533D

calledit420
10+ year member

Ok right now i have a pair of almost new American bass XFL's very nice condition they are 3000 watt max 1000 watt rms this guys comes up to me and say "Hey ill trade you my pair of Lanzar Opti1533D's"....Them are 6000 watt max 3000 watt rms now i know the lanzar has a way bigger motor on them but which one is the better subwoofer oh yeah the Lanzar's are also is really nice condition. So what pair of 15's should i choose????

My brother had one of those lanzar's it was suppose to be 3000 watts rms but really only took about half that if that. He now has a couple american bass hd15d1 which he seems to like very much. They really measure out 1.5 ohms he says they are custom but idk if that is true.

Well i just got them and the kid had them in single box's and each box was at 20hz they sounded like *** im looking for box measurements right now but cant seem to find any good vented ones. But yeah the kid didnt know what he was building was just doing it lucky he didnt kill these subs

the lanzar opti 1233/1533 motors are non standard O.D coils , good luck finding coils lying around to fit it ( if you need a recone ), I don't know about the AB XFL.

Just because the motor is larger doesn't always mean it is better, I would stick with the AB's or look for something better.

good job keeping the xfl's, the opti subs are horrible for low bass, they have a freq responce of 40hz on the 15", and 50hz on the 12". If you are looking for woofers to do a good job for all around music you definatly didn,t want an opti 1533/1233, If you are looking for a good spl woofer the opti would do well, but I won't say it will be any better than an xfl considering the fact I've seen those xfl's take some serious power, so in an spl application, you're going to do well. I have owned both subwoofers. I've been doing car audio for over 12 years, but just started competeing 2 years ago, and my very first competeing system was with 2 1533D's, and on my American Bass VFL400.1 I bursted 143.5, in a box tuned to specs, by the way those opti's do best in small applications, and for the 1533D they ask for a tuning of 35hz. I went to a competition with no intentions of competeing just to spectate because all I had in my trunk at the time was 2 10" XFL's on a soundstream tx2600 at 1 ohm, which that amp is .5 ohm stable to draw max power. But being the man I am, I competed anyway, with a clamped wattage of about 1336 I hit 139.7 with my 2 xfl 10". I put my 10" XFL's on my american Bass VFL400.1, and my car was way louder than those 2 15" opti's could dream of ever being, I use to have to open my trunk to prove to people I had 2 10", they hit way lower than the opti's to. The motor on those opti's is for impulse buying, the soft parts ****, the thinnest coils you'll ever see, probably have stronger coils on a kicker comp, and a single spider to, if you ran a true 3000 watts to an opti it might last 5 minutes. I see in the pic you have the last year model xfl's, you should see the new ones, well I guess you can say the next years model, and you have the previous models, the new ones have the same basket as the new HD's and the VFL's, all of which I have, they're sweet. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give you some advise on the woofers from personal exper., and to insure you, you made the right decision, goog luck with your system

OH, I know there are more technical reasons for the big motor on the opti, but that motor is a waste with the narrowest gap in the world, I have one I can't do **** with, and it's a shame for something so pretty, to be so ***. Also, I meant to say small enclosures, not application. I know how some of you guys get, calm down

yes the opti's were nice subs. i have had the 1533's and did decent numbers on them. but they never lasted. in with under the rated power for daily. they would handle over 5k each for burps but when it came down to daily listening they just never lasted. like previous posts have said. such a waste with the motor when the soft parts never held up.

Well I ended up keeping my XFL's and a few weeks later the guy was hard up for $$ and i got both the Optis in a dual vented box for $150 so now i can play with them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.