American bass hd15 questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ocboy92

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to real car audio (always had department store stuff). My buddy offered me 2 American bass hd15's for $325. He says they are slightly used and judging by cosmetics I can believe it. Is this a good/decent deal. I originally was wanting 2 aa havoc 12s, I realize these subs are more spl oriented but with a proper enclosure can these be somewhat musical? Id rather have something more sq oriented but for 325 for both vs384a piece these are tempting me. I'm looking for something that can get brutal but also at least somewhat musical. They will probably be powered by 2 mbquart onyx2000.1d. Any input/help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thats what I was hoping, do I have any chance for some sound quality with those? I know theyre spl subs but im hoping they'll sound decent I just dont want a "fart" woofer. I believe theyre the older style, the basket looks different from the 2012 hdc3

They sound pretty decent on music depending on box..and you wont be getting them near full potential

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Are they 12.s? Buy em if u dont like em drive down to ky and ill buy them from ya for spares lol

okay thanks for the input guys. I know these are underrated at 1500 rms, anybody have experience with what these can actually handle? By the time I get everything together I plan on runnimg about 2k a piece to them(once I get proper electrical of course) in about a 7 net cube box tuned to 35 hz. Am I on the right track for what I want to do with them?

okay thanks for the input guys. I know these are underrated at 1500 rms, anybody have experience with what these can actually handle? By the time i get everything together i plan on runnimg about 2k a piece to them(once i get proper electrical of course) in about a 7 net cube box tuned to 35 hz. Am i on the right track for what i want to do with them?
yes sounds good 2k each will sound good ive seen them on 3500 each daily

Alright one more then ill quit hammering you guys with questions lol. How do I tell if its the newer or older style? Supposedly they were originally from an american bass dealer and were new in 2011, I'm just wondering if theres any way I can verify this like maybe a part number or something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.