Well....got my MA-8's installed in the jeep...

FineLinePimpin
10+ year member

Stuck in WV
First off heres my set up..

Factory 730n Navi headunit with infinity system

polk db Comp. set up for front stage

polk db coax in soundbar

both powered by oem infinity head unit/amp

Two dual 4ohm Skar MA-8's wired to 1ohm

powered by Elemental Designs nine.1 amp bridged so about 600w per sub

ported box sized to skar specs and tuned to 34hz build by Home

At first I had some issues with the subs sounding like they were bottoming out. Adjusted the gain down slightly it helped but lost some output of course. The headunit was set at 0 for bass level. So i turned up the amps bass boost slightly and played with the gain a bit ended up turning up just a bit more but not as much as at first.

Right now they play very very cleanly! Not real distortion but then again since they are an 8in sub there are a few notes,albeit very low ones, the subs arent hitting. Not that im complaning but just saying how it is. Could the box be tuned to a lower freq?..possibly. I know see some are tuning them at 32-33hz.

I do however think the OEM headunit is really holding things back. with the voume below 23-24 on my cd's and my mp3 thumb drive there isnt much bass. its gotta be cranked up to 28-30 level to really get the feel of it. Yes I know changing to a nice headunit with say 4v preouts would be much better but that will have to wait as the ones i want are in the $650 and up range...closer to 900 bucks.

Im just going to have to get used to having 8's lol....coming from two ED 15's on the same amp in my Tahoe of course it banged much much harder even though they were in a sealed box. My installer is trying to talk me into 2 Kicker L5 10's or 12's. Which I just dont know...never bought into the whole square sub thing and idk to me kicker aint just what it used to be. But im going to play with these and see what happens, gonna work on the tune some more. But right now im happy with them as they are very clean sounding and 1000 times betetr than the factory 8in socalled sub.

I would definitely look into upgrading the factory head unit....lowering the tuning from 34 to 32-33 range would not make a huge difference....they should do fine at 34hz.......make sure you have your SSF on your amp set correctly as well.....if you need me my number is on my web page....

I would definitely look into upgrading the factory head unit....lowering the tuning from 34 to 32-33 range would not make a huge difference....they should do fine at 34hz.......make sure you have your SSF on your amp set correctly as well.....if you need me my number is on my web page....
The signal you start with is always the best place to start for improvements.

Sweet ok cool thanks ill check the sff and see where its at soon as these strippers quit bugging me and I an get out to the jeep for a sec lol

haha yes i manage a strip club....ill see what I can do for pics lol. but not sure if thats allowed on here, however i do have a few facebook links toa few of my dancers pages...

Have you ever used that? how much is it?

Also the SSf was turned all the DOWN so i adjusted it and it is a lot better! As the phase I nor my installer touched it...my buddy had this amp and the ed 15's i had in my tahoe..in his explorer which i tuned it for him then using the instruction booklet from Elemental Designs. But, I dont not remember if i adjusted the phase at all as that was like 5 yrs ago. Any idea where I should have it set?

Have you ever used that? how much is it?
Also the SSf was turned all the DOWN so i adjusted it and it is a lot better! As the phase I nor my installer touched it...my buddy had this amp and the ed 15's i had in my tahoe..in his explorer which i tuned it for him then using the instruction booklet from Elemental Designs. But, I dont not remember if i adjusted the phase at all as that was like 5 yrs ago. Any idea where I should have it set?

been using it for a while and it was like 45-50 from sonicelectronix.com

hmmm, a strip club in WV. Sounds like it'll be a fine establishment for sure. All the women come equipped with all the beer, chewing tobacco, facial hair and flannel a man could ever need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FineLinePimpin

10+ year member
Stuck in WV
FineLinePimpin
Bunker Hill, WV
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date