American Bass amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nighthawk1192
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I owned a 70.1 vfl American bass amp and it was great. The only problem was I put a 1 ohm load to it when it can only handle two and it blew. But it went 4 months before blowing even with that on stock electrical haha

thing is i'm lookin for a system thats as cheap as they get. the phantom amp for that reason is very attractive. i just don't know if its a good amp for the price

The VFL series of AB amps are nice. If you're on a tight budget there are lots of proven performers if you search around the forum (many maxxsonics products and audiopipe come to mind).

the mb reference 800w amp is the only one that comes to mind for this price that i know of
MB quart has a 1000W for @ 150$. Hifonics Brutus (2010 model) is around that price. Autotek has a couple that'll probably do over 1000W for within 20$ of that price. Audiopipe has a couple in that range.

i've heard that mb and hifonics brutus are solid but i've heard iffy opinion on autotek and audiopipe. i haven't tried any of em out myself but i just wanna make sure that i get a good product from the start

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.