Alt? Batt? Or both?

Op it's simple. If you want to stay over 13-14v get the alt first. You may not even need batteries. Amps like voltage. Batteries add weight and take up space. As for XS, I've never had a better battery. Buy 1 XS or buy 2 duracells. If you got the space for 2 and don't mind the weight go for it. When the gas mileage drops you might not like that choice.

So i installed my 2 volt meters this afternoon. One reads the voltage at the front battery, the other measures directly at the amp. Just to make sure that there is no lost voltage in my wire. And to make sure my dist. Doesmt drop voltage. At idle i sit at 13.7, only goes up to 13.8 at 1800rpm. At full tilt on idle, it dropped down to 13.1. Of course any drop isnt good, but staying above 13 to me is really good. Ill start with an alt for sure though.

So i installed my 2 volt meters this afternoon. One reads the voltage at the front battery, the other measures directly at the amp. Just to make sure that there is no lost voltage in my wire. And to make sure my dist. Doesmt drop voltage. At idle i sit at 13.7, only goes up to 13.8 at 1800rpm. At full tilt on idle, it dropped down to 13.1. Of course any drop isnt good, but staying above 13 to me is really good. Ill start with an alt for sure though.
Staying above 13 isnt too bad but yes alt should be next step and also giving you room to upgrade

Just think with a externally regulated alt charging at 15 u wont drop past 14.4

13.8 isn't bad and staying above 13 is good. But I do 15.2 cold and 14.8 hot and I have to go all out at idle to drop to 14.0. My kicker amp at 4ohms is most likely pulling close to same amps as your 1500 skar at 1 ohm. and driving I don't drop below 14.4-14.5 that with stinger volt meter at amp not battery. And I just tested battery today and found out its weak and I need to replace it

so my buddy thinks he knows more than everyone on the internet apparently, haha (doesn't everyone). i told him some of the prices i was finding and he comes back with, "that's stupid i can go on ebay and find a 320 amp for like 200 bucks"

i didn't believe him until he actually pulled one up. he only found this one:

High Amp Alternator Dakota Durango Grand Cherokee 4 0L 4 7L V6 V8 1999 00 250Amp | eBay

can you guys put it into better terms for me other than "too good to be true" which is kinda how i feel about it.

im not gonna waste my money on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JeepWithLows

JeepWithLows
Turlock, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Silverado SS