Already thinking about upgrading fronts, heres my problem..

Schweino
10+ year member

97 mustang...5x7 fronts. Its gonna need new kicker panels because of lack of depth. Thinking about getting alpine's newer type X series 6.5" components. My infinity kappa's up front are 90w rms, 270w max, 2 ohms, 46hz-21khz. The alpines are 100w rms, 300w max, 4 ohms, 31hz-40khz. What kinda sound upgrade would you think I would get? Worth the hole process? It also involves getting a new amp, which im ok with, cuz my backs are running on 2 ohm an needs 4 as well :p

I dont know, am I? I heard the alpines....and they are stellar..and im not real real deep into car audio, so I dont know what products ya got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I dont know, am I? I heard the alpines....and they are stellar..and im not real real deep into car audio, so I dont know what products ya got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the HAT's have been getting a nice rep lately

I thought they were too. Im not big into high's, love my lows, hence what I really look for. My kappa's up front dont go AS low as Id like to hear. Post the HAT specs?

Your front speakers arent supposed to go low....

But if youre talking about missing midbass then perhaps you should seal up those doors and cover them with deadener on the inside. that will help with your sound more than anything. Also those HATs are the bees knees. If I hadnt just blown 200 on another sub I dont need, they would be mine.

Your front speakers arent supposed to go low....
But if youre talking about missing midbass then perhaps you should seal up those doors and cover them with deadener on the inside. that will help with your sound more than anything. Also those HATs are the bees knees. If I hadnt just blown 200 on another sub I dont need, they would be mine.
That ^^^ lol

The stereo shops around here crack head. 350 to wire all speakers, run amp kit, an cut out my backs for 6.5's. What HAT's should I be looking at??

Maybe if you had the Stage 2's, I'd say id be more interested :p Appreciate that throw in though, think Im gonna stick with the Type X's. Now, as far as me sealing my doors, what would a smart person use, that a stereo shop might rip me off on? I know I can get Dynamat (a better suggestion there would be informative as well) anytime. Ive seen some type of rope before too, thats made of the same material as the mat.

... perhaps you should seal up those doors and cover them with deadener on the inside. that will help with your sound more than anything.
Alpine X components used to use a really high end tweeter (SEAS IIRC?) and was a highly regarded set of components. Not sure if they're the same still.... Plenty of good stuff out there. Personally I always like the Infinity mids/highs on lower power (up to about 50-65W ish) after that I don't think they do so hot... There's dozens of good components that'll sound good and handle more power for you though but if you don't put some work into deadening I'd say don't bother upgrading components.

I thiiiink someone who is bored, and possibly owns a 1994-1998 mustang :p, should tell me exactly what to get to deaden my front end. I would be extremely grateful, and would perhaps send you some cookies. If theres more then just throwing on a door kit I want to know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.