Alpine Type Xs

lawlyes2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My buddy has two type x's that he is powering with a brutus 1606d. he now has more money and wants to re do his system and still keep the x's, so my question is what is a good amount of power to send each x in a ported box around 2 cubes for each? He's open to anything, just wants a quality amp(s). Lets get some suggestions!

2 sundowns would work...

But he won't see much if a difference with 400 watts. Not worth spending the money IMO. First redesign the box, and figure out the best way to face the subs and port(s). That can make or break a system.

And, I made a thread about the X's earlier... everyone said that they sounded good, but weren't loud. If he wants louder, tell him to get new subs. The people in my thread suggested IDMax, and the Fi Q, if he wants the same good quality.

2x mtx 1501d and you'll have the exact setup i'm in the process of getting put together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I know he wants it to sound amazing, but still get extremely loud. What subs would work gettin real loud and sounding good doin it? I guess I should say what kind of setup will sound better and get louder than the one he currently has?

you put the power on those x's and it'll be loud and clean. maybe not as loud as some other subs, but he already has those and they are super clean SQ and decently loud if given the joose to shine

imo that hifonics isn't giving them enough. maybe for one, but not 2

he could consider buying another 1606. the x can handle all the power that amp can push at 2 ohm's. at least he wouldnt have to deal with selling anything in that case. i have one x sealed running off a 1606 and i love it.

SO 2200 watts at 1 ohm for under $400 shipped to your door sound like heck of a deal or what?

Also check the classifieds here and see if you can find a matching amp for the other sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.