alpine type x or mtx 8500???

type X for sure.....are u kidding its a better woofer all around...the 8000 seemed cheap to me when i saw it in a few installs....u def wont think that of a X....no doubt...get an X

well id love to go with the rlp but its just out of my price range. ne ways. i no there not the exact match up. just seeing what the concenses was.

type X for sure.....are u kidding its a better woofer all around...the 8000 seemed cheap to me when i saw it in a few installs....u def wont think that of a X....no doubt...get an X
he asked about the 8500,not the 8000 which is a POS
The 8500 is not a bad woofer , esp with that amp..

The Type X which is in a different class IMO will want alot more power than a

8500 and sure it will sound better,but not nessasarly offer more bass.

8500's and 500 watts are tough to beat,I had one 12" 8500 on a Memphis 500D and it was just mean...

You wont find many better subs that produce mucho bass with only just 500 watts

as they do the 8500....

I would definatly consider it,as a former owner of one

8500's are some of the best bang for your buck subs youll ever listen too

They slam hard and get low

go for it rocky

mtx 8500 sounds awesome if done properly and gets pretty d*** loud with 500 rms great woofers biult close to the 9500 but smaller motor and vc. alpine type x is also a great woofer wont give as much output but would sound very clean. so if you want pure sq type x is gonna be a great choice, if going for sql the 8500 is the woofer for you. good luck

These guys hit it right on the money. The Type X is a power hungry sub. I can tell the diffrence when I take my two 12 L7s out and put my single Type X in. My amp (1501d) has to work a little harder. My lights dim a little which they have never done before and I have to up my gains a tad. If your only going to give it 500w you will be better off going with the 8500's. But that type X does sound great. Good luck with your system.

mtx 8500 sounds awesome if done properly and gets pretty d*** loud with 500 rms great woofers biult close to the 9500 but smaller motor and vc. alpine type x is also a great woofer wont give as much output but would sound very clean. so if you want pure sq type x is gonna be a great choice, if going for sql the 8500 is the woofer for you. good luck
I would hardly describe a type-x as a "pure SQ sub"...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif A nice sub, yeah, but pure SQ, hell no, not even close to an amazing SQ sub...

well the reason i cant afford the rlp is because there isnt one on ebay. i currently have a 12w6v2 but i need some cash so im selling it for now and going with something alittle less expensive but will still sound ok. untill i can afford the system i want. 8500 is on ebay for 179$

I would hardly describe a type-x as a "pure SQ sub"...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif A nice sub, yeah, but pure SQ, hell no, not even close to an amazing SQ sub...
Not exactly a pure SQ sub, but it IS a very clean sounding sub, with high output potential. Not "amazing" but very good quality for the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.