Alpine Type R's

elballz12
10+ year member

I just bought an Alpine PDX 4.100 from one of my friends . I am trying to decide on some speakers. I am thinking about the Alpine SPR-60C and Alpine SPR-60. Just gonna go ahead and go all alpine on the components and 4 channel. Is this a good decision or not? Wanting to spend about 300 for both speakers and want some opinions.

type r components aren't horrible but they are quite harsh, Look into crescendo audio components for some cheap high quality ones

I heard them at a local shop and they sounded pretty good i thought. I am still open for suggestions just would like to use a brand i have actually heard before

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is not the advise you want to hear, but if I had your amplifier, I would run Hybrid Audio Imagine in bi-amp mode without rears (the same that I am doing right now). You don't need the actual active crossover because the woofer does not need a low pass filter, and the tweeter needs a 2.2uF capacitor in-line. This allows to match the level of tweeters to your tastes and car acoustics using amplifier gains. If you have the ability to time align the speakers, with some practice, you could get a decent imaging with this setup, better than running passive.

Although, if your friend is not into tuning the speakers a lot, and just wants something that sounds decent out of box, maybe the Alpine Type-Rs should work fine for him. My understanding is that these are also bi-amp capable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.