Alpine Type R or Kicker L7

I just replaced 4 type r 12"s with 2 hdc3 15"s and couldn't be more happier with my decision. I never owned a square sub but I figure if the square version's were better than every company would have one.

Definitely go with the Alpines. I've personally owned the newest type R's. They sound beautiful and take a good amount of power. I got them for a temporary system too. I have never heared L7's that sound good. One of my really close friends bought a prefab box specifically for the Kicker L7's. He ended up making a new faceplate for the box and putting some type R's in it. If you go with the L7 and are unhappy, don't say we didn't warn you.

I ended up replacing my R's with a Sundown X 10

Can the New Type Rs take true 1000RMS or what?
I gave each of my type R 10's 900 watts (1800 total) and they were fine. I didn't really max them out, but it seemed like they could have taken more

To answer your question, yes. Just don't go TOO much over (like double RMS). They don't under rate their products that much

dude i have 2 kicker comp 4 12s on 1600 watts and i thought i was doing big things. i now have currently 1 12 in tantric hdd (other one is being reconed) and it spanks the fcuk out of my kickers. ive heard better low notes come from my gf queefing from pulling a tampon out to fast than a kicker can make!!!! UNLESS ITS A SOLO X AND THOSE ARE TOO DAMNM EXPENSIVE

ive had a single type r tear car mirrors off and they have great sq. depending on the series of type r you get there are 3 versions the grey one with the hamr surround quaked my sunfire, when i got 2 i started causing major damage to the car breaking tail lights, mirrors, windows cracked, just make sure you got the power to make them do what they can

ive had a single type r tear car mirrors off and they have great sq. depending on the series of type r you get there are 3 versions the grey one with the hamr surround quaked my sunfire, when i got 2 i started causing major damage to the car breaking tail lights, mirrors, windows cracked, just make sure you got the power to make them do what they can
Oh really? You torn up a janky car with janky subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.