Alpine Type R or Kicker L7

If you're just going for loud I'd run the kicker. They have cone area closer to a 15, but the kicker if gonna need a bigger box than the alpine. Do you already have both subs? If not I'd look into some other options, better can be had for less than the l7. The type r's aren't a bad sub, but the kicker should get louder.

If you're just going for loud I'd run the kicker. They have cone area closer to a 15, but the kicker if gonna need a bigger box than the alpine. Do you already have both subs? If not I'd look into some other options, better can be had for less than the l7. The type r's aren't a bad sub, but the kicker should get louder.
2x

what's your budget? and what kind of power do you have?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

and throw the mtx out the window

American Bass XFL12| High Performance Car stereo 12" subwoofer instead of alpine
HDC3.112 Copper Coil Subwoofer instead of kicker.

all of these will stomp on the brands you've listed in terms of loudness, power handling, price and build quality.

Make sure you do a proper large custom ported box and get a good amp. Dont spend lots of money on the subs and cheap out on the amps and enclosures, thats the worst thing you can do.
This here..^^^ I have 4 of the XFL 12s on the amps in my sig, and its just straight up Badd AZZ without question.They perform excellent.I haven't tried SoundQubed as of yet,,,But I just got a pair of tens in to replace my 14 yr old 1ks that are still banging nicely that Ill be trying this brand out for a bit..SoundQuebed HDS310,will be in 4cuft@32htz on old school Mmats @ 2ohms approx. 12-1700 rms after a break in period of a week or so.Both subs are nicely made and straight up beast! I put an XFL DVC 4 ohm ten in a neighbors x-cab chevy on the American Bass VFL 2680.1D in approx. 1.6cu@36 htz,and she slams very nicely!

This is a temporary setup. I'll just the the amp to spec. I just want it to be loud with a single sub. So the l7 will be louder bit won't sound as good as the type r. And vise versa with the alpine type r

Looking to put one 12" in my car for a temporary setup for my car. Just want to know since these are cheap subs which one would you prefer and which would hit harder?
EDIT**

Would also like to throw in the mix either a MTX 7500 or 8000 series
What kind of car is it???Make a model?Hatch/or sealed trunk?MTX as well as a lot of other MainStream subs were some of the best back in the day, but Not so much as todays subs that surpass them in performance,price and build quality,and at a better price.

This is a temporary setup. I'll just the the amp to spec. I just want it to be loud with a single sub. So the l7 will be louder bit won't sound as good as the type r. And vise versa with the alpine type r
You want to go cheap and sound loud, get yourself 4 Lanzar Maxpro 10s 0r 12s,on VME 10s or 12s,and save up for some good quality subs that really impress,and perform excellent.If you are going to spend $150 buck on 1 12,might as well spend that on 4 cheap 10s and get loud if that's all you are wanting to do??One sub isn't going to get loud unless you build an ultimate spl type box to specs,and with the power/amps ect to back it up...4 of those Lanzar 10s will hit pretty hard and are Dirt Cheap,and believe it or not..don't sound too bad either in a 1.4cu ported enclosure @38 htz ea

2012 Acura tl sh awd. This will be temporary until I save a bit of money to purchase 2 12" dd 3500 supercharged. So if I go with a single l7 in a custom ported box it will be loud with decent sq??

Am L7 can sound pretty damndd good if you get the enclosure right,for the type of vehicle its going in,and hit pretty decent.Ive had L5 10s,and they were pretty good subs back in the late 90s that I had them.I haven't had any Type Rs but I have heard them at shows, and they do get down as well as sound nice.From my Experience...that Extra $40 bucks you may be concerned about from a Type R and an XFL??Id take that XFL all day long.They will out perform that type r any day of the week,as well as take a lot more power than rated,and you actually get the best of both worlds with it..It can be used for an SQL or SPL setup..That why Im running them:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.