All Glass BOX!

i dont know.....it may sound cool but I think the wood provides acoustics that cant be found with glass....but who knows maybe it will have the same ceramic effect that tiles in a bathroom may make a full orchestra....hey if ya get it tell me how it sounds

Yeah, if you get it, let us know how it sounds. I am seriously thinking of a box like that, but I'm not sure how different it would sound (if it even sounds different.). If anyone else on here has a box like that, please tell us about it; I'm really interested.

now does it already have pre-drilled holes for the screws is that what i see in it?? cause if that is wouldn't that cause some air leak if you used a dif. sized screw than what was originaly designed for it. oh and i've seen and heard a 3/4 glass box have the bottom of it made from wood. the thing is if they don't have pre-drilled holes what would you use to drill into plexi-glass??? if you use liquid screws those things are flammable even when dry so i don't know what to use.

adam

You won't hear a difference. Plexi is a good box making material. And yes the holes are predrilled. Most of the time they come with the bolts to mount the subs. If your interested in plexi boxes you might want to check out http:http://www.gatelyaudio.com //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It would cost $520 for a box for pair of 15L7's 35.5x18x16 with 2.25per chamber at 3/4thickness. Is this a good box for the subs

Drop an email to Bobby gately at gatley audio. I be he can beat that price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.