all electrical upgrades= still dimming.

yeah i only have a kinetik under the hood. i dont have too much room for another in the back. plus i figure 2k watts totaly is not THAT much. especially now that i have this alternator. or am i wrong?

Unless it is relevant to the car; On an AP1500D with stock alt, stock bat, big 3 and deka 8a31 in the back I BARELY get any lights dimming at all.
thats why im tripping off my electrical dimming. wtf

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

is anything being shorted?
not that i know of. what kind of shorts in specific you got in mind.

try exxcesiveamperage.com maybe you could use a bigger alternator this guy builds them from hand and puts out 300 amps across the entire rpm range itstead of the guys at powerbastards.com there 220 amp alt only puts out 110 amps at idle and full 220 amps at 1400 rpms were did you get your alt. from?

Your lights are attached to the front batt as well and the alternator cannot give out immediate power. You are running off the alt for the most part until you get down to 12.8. A second battery would probably fix your issues. I run a stock alt with a tiny battery up front and a big deca in the back and run 1500 all day no dimming. the back battery drops to 12.8is when I bump but the front one stays right close to 14.4. Your lights are pretty sensitive to voltages Going from 14.4 to 13.8 will give you a pretty good dimming affect but in the grand picture you have great electrical. I was running 140 amp alt in my G5 with a single deka as my battery and I got dimming at idle but never dropped below 14. Stereo off I was charging at 15. Basically you need the second battery to act as a filter. Youll notice that guys are running 3k and have a 300amp alt but they still run multiple batteries. If you dont youre beating on your alt pretty hard.

try exxcesiveamperage.com maybe you could use a bigger alternator this guy builds them from hand and puts out 300 amps across the entire rpm range itstead of the guys at powerbastards.com there 220 amp alt only puts out 110 amps at idle and full 220 amps at 1400 rpms were did you get your alt. from?
Be careful of people who make those claims, not talking bad about this company or anything just that the basic electromagnetic theory behind alts relies on a turbine to move metal in an magnetic field, the movement of that metal should determine the total output, which means that the higher the rev, the more torque on the pulley and more movement on the metal core...with simple theory it shouldn't be able to put out high amperage at low rpm...

not to hate on this post but where did you get your info from? most all of the H/O alts that are used on this site are all hand built. and most alts wont put out full amperage at idle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i will be running about 3200w all day and i will be powering mine with a stock bat up front, DCpower 210 H/O alt and for now 1 yellow top optima in the spare tire area. i barely had dim when i ran 2k watts off stock alt with extra battery in the rear. hope you get your issue resolved

You might have an almost bad battery. I personally don't like Kinetiks. I
i always heard good thngs about kinetiks so i got one. and this thing is brand new. i just got it in feb.

Check all your grounds make sure they are on a good solid piece of bare metal
grounds on my audio equipment?

i did look into excessive amperage. but i ended up going with dc power alternators. mine is supposed to be 230 amps at about 1500 rpm an 180 at idle

Your lights are attached to the front batt as well and the alternator cannot give out immediate power. You are running off the alt for the most part until you get down to 12.8. A second battery would probably fix your issues. I run a stock alt with a tiny battery up front and a big deca in the back and run 1500 all day no dimming. the back battery drops to 12.8is when I bump but the front one stays right close to 14.4. Your lights are pretty sensitive to voltages Going from 14.4 to 13.8 will give you a pretty good dimming affect but in the grand picture you have great electrical. I was running 140 amp alt in my G5 with a single deka as my battery and I got dimming at idle but never dropped below 14. Stereo off I was charging at 15. Basically you need the second battery to act as a filter. Youll notice that guys are running 3k and have a 300amp alt but they still run multiple batteries. If you dont youre beating on your alt pretty hard.
thanks for the good advice. it does make sense and i never thought about it much. i didnt want to add a second battery though, cus i was trying to save space and keep as much of a stock look as possible. do you think a bigger battery would help? i wanted to just keep one batt up front and not have to do runs of 0 gauge to the back for the extra battery. il try hooking up a battery as temporary to see if it helps though. hopefully it does, cus as you said, my electrical is now supposed to be up to par and my voltage is always high but i still get that terrible dimming.

anymore ideas? really gota get this **** fixed. does a second battery have to be added?

cus **** i just noticed i even go down into the 11.xx volts. thats pretty ****** considering im supposed to have this big bad alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.