Alarm Install Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

RKaudioking

Hello, I'm a junior installer and had a couple questions. First, there's an output on all alarms I see called 200mA Output, I've heard this is either a (validity??) output or an optional accessory output. What exactly is this output? Second, when an alarm only has one ignition, starter, and accessory output wire, and the car your installing it to has two of these wires, a relay is needed, correct? How are these wired?

Hello, I'm a junior installer and had a couple questions. First, there's an output on all alarms I see called 200mA Output, I've heard this is either a (validity??) output or an optional accessory output. What exactly is this output? Second, when an alarm only has one ignition, starter, and accessory output wire, and the car your installing it to has two of these wires, a relay is needed, correct? How are these wired?
Yes there's outputs on all alarms,it cloud be validity or pulse or latch,the all cars only have one of each ign.,starter and accessory some time some cars have a second ign and u connect the pink/white to that wire it's the second ign.

As far as the outputs they are used to control suff like trunk, window & sunroof and so on

the pink/white is second ignition. On Toyota/Lexus and some nissan models you have to use the second starter as well. use a relay. 86 and 30 to 12 volt constant, 85 to purple wire on small 4 pin plug (second negative start output on all dei products), 87 to second start wire in car, disregard 87a. or down and dirty (works fine most of the time) use 2, 6 amp or larger diodes on your single purple start output from alarm to make 2 output wires and simply run one to each of the lexus' start wires. The second start is usually a cold start wire, the car will probably start fine using only the first start wire but the first time it's cold as fawk the car isn't going to start correctly. Also what bypass/integration module are you using for factory immobilizer bypass?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.