ALARM - High quality and no-frills - best one?

Compustar 2W900FM-AS

I remember reading someone doing a test with this alarm vs. a viper 791xv. Both cars were in a mall parking lot next to each other. Both walked into the mall, the viper 791xv lost communication with the car 100 ft into the mall while the compustar lost communication at 1000 ft.

Either way, install is the most important thing you can do to protect your car. Hide the brain away(not under the dash), an extra battery, get power directly from the car battery and not a wire under your dash, extra piezo sirens everywhere, glass sensor, etc etc...

compustar ftl.

maybe its just cuase i got a bad one off ebay, but i still wont buy another...to me, the remote/brain, etc just look cheapely made compared to my 791xv.

what are you gonna do 1000ft away? cant run fast enough to get there in time anyways...

get anything by DEI to the original poster of this thread.

The Viper 5900 is a nice ****ing unit. And the Range has so far outdone my compustar 2way under a couple different situations that I tested it. As far as compustar, no codehopping is kinda a downside being that someone with a code grabber can nab your remote code and disarm your alarm after you walk away.

2W900FM-AS i have that alarm i am able to sit in class and start my car and by the time i get there it is nice and toasty. and the paging system is nice also

clifford matrix 10, or for that mater anything by directed electronics
clifford

viper

python

avital

hornet

valet

all these brands are good products and have from low to high price pointshttp://www.directed.com for more info
Thanks for the tip! These guys do have some nice products but the site is a bit much to deal with....soooo many options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Can someone suggest a very high-quality basic alarm system from DEI? I don't need a fancy screen on the remote, 2way or anything like that, just solid components that make it difficult to steal the car!

TIA //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I put my python 871xp in about a year ago, haven't had a single problem. Now that i don't work for a shop that sells dei, I might try a compustar in whatever car I get next month.

Off topic, but had anyone heard of CrimeStopper?...I can get them hella cheap but I'm thinking thats because they're just that...cheap and ****...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.