Aiwa not as bad as its reputation?

phildapimp89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
I just hooked up an Aiwa CDCx304... It is a great improvement compared to my stock Infinty Gold HU in my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The MidBass is at least 2x as loud(thinking of dynamatting the panels because it rattles now)

No problem with line noise? IDK the preout voltage but there isn't any line noise. REALLY basic controls, took about 5 min to figure out how to work out the Aux input thats about it. Comes with preset equalizers but you can customize it also.

The aux input is fine. I have heard of people complaining about hte AUX input on other threads, but most likely because they do not tune their device properly to the HU? I personally like to put my Ipod to like Volume 90, and it sounds just as loud as it normally does with a CD. Maybe a little less sound quality, but nothing too bad.

Would I recommend the unit? Naw, only reason I have it is because Best Buy discontinued it and refused to return after I tried a couple times. They gave me the wrong harness and mounting kit too lol... I would only recommend if you are on a budget and need smoething thats a little step up from the stock HU or need a sub preout. Its a good HU, but I rather would've returned this for a low end Alpine HU at best buy(what Aiwa was replaced with).

I recommend it if on a budget, I don't think you will be disapoointed. Maybe I am wrong because this is my first HU and first system(15" AA Atlas 6cu ft ported) but I doubt it.

Ive got no problem with Aiwa. Ive owned 3 HU's from them and have never had a problem with them. Lack of features ***** though

Ya they are very simple, but actually alot of people have asked me where they can pickup an Aiwa HU which surprised me cuz they aren't the greatest looking HUs.

i hate sony cuz of them buying Aiwa like two years ago...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

o well...good to know aiwa is still keepin up tho..

Every Aiwa product i've had has gone to complete **** within a year of me owning it. I'm happy you atleast got a solid product. BTW nice sysetm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.