Airbags...why are they bad?

u have yet to prove a point trigger. from what ive seen anyways. there are two types, u have load leveling air systems (semi trucks and ****, along with heavy haulers, to compensate for load weight) you have fast and slow bags which in the end are EXACTLY THE SAME with the exception of fitting size.

Hah I like your comment about how many 19 year old punks could afford a nice bag setup? Well lets see. My first bag setup was on an 86 Yota when I was 14. I had about a $1500 bag setup, but the install was done right. Im 16 Now I have a 96 Sonoma with a Silver Star Customs 2 link in the rear with a cantilever setup. Rides like a champ. And to the guy that said Hydros are safer than bags, and cant mess up as much, are you serious? Lets see. If you go with a quick hydro setup, then you quickly wear out about every peice of your suspension you might want to keep. #2, when you have a leak, you know what shoots out all over your nice show car right? Yeah you guessed it, hydrualic fluid. Hydraulics are a lot worse ride than bags, especially if you arent running accumulators, which most dont. Bags can give a very nice ride if dont correct. And bags arent "bad" but I dont drive my trucks as daily drivers because the possibly line popping, fitting poppin loose, bag popping, valve sticking,airleaks, stuff that happends at the worst times. Most of theese things can easily be fixed when it happends when you carry tools and parts with you like Id suggest most people need to do when driving a bagged car. Im done with my rant now.

I agree with this 100%.

the way i see it, if your going to customize your suspension for air or hydraulics, your going to run into problems no matter what unless you really properly maintain your system. even then it's still very possible something might happen, that's just the way it is.

the way i see it, if your going to customize your suspension for air or hydraulics, your going to run into problems no matter what unless you really properly maintain your system. even then it's still very possible something might happen, that's just the way it is.

You are correct. I have air on my mustang, and on my caprice. I've used air ride on a lot of daily drivers.

With proper installation, good maintainence and not being a switch *****... you can have an awesome daily on air.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.