Air Displacement Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I built a sealed sub box to hold two 12' subs, the only problems is that I forgot how to devide by two when I put in the center piece. Anyway, the two different chambers are off by 354in². Considering that the chambers were originally intended to be 1.75 ft³ each, is this difference really going to matter or I am stuck having to put additional material in the larger chamber to displace air? I am not an audiophile but I don't want it sounding like crap either. Thanks.

That's almost a quarter of a cubic foot. It might make a difference. Try hooking up the subs one at a time and see if you can hear a difference.

Can I offset the air volume by adding spray insulation, the kind that is usually used to seal around pipes and windows? I don't want to make the box heavier than it has to be. Any suggestions anout other material that are light and could be used effectively? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.