aftermarket double din help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

dpmeeks

Hi everyone !.. i have a 2008 Pontiac G5 with the standard stock radio ( nothing fancy ) Anyways, i have a double din Kenwood im installing and ive ran into a problem. I purchased the wiring harness and antenna adapter and everything wired up as it should except.. the factory harness does not supply a switched 12 volt source.

Anytime i try and run the switched 12 volt wire from the kenwood to any switched 12 volt source in the car and my kenwood powers on, it causes my insturment cluster to act crazy. My tachometer quits working, my abs light comes on, etc. Ive tried changing grounds, ive checked all my wiring, etc. Any ideas on the problem ?? Im sure you should be able to install an aftermarket radio in this car ? Thanks for any help !!

Thanks for the reply.. so you think when the radio powers up I'm feeding power into another wire causing the instrument cluster problem ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.