XS Power Battery Voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list

blowthemup
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My 5100 and 3400 are coming off the charger at 13v, charger is in float/maintenance mode. You let them sit over night and they settle to 12.6v installed. Temporaily removed there sitting just above 13v. The 5100 is coming up on 3yrs old and the 3400 is coming up on 2yrs old, feel like they should have plenty of life left in them. I'm always putting them on my ctek 7002 to keep them topped off.

Trying to figure out if my voltage jumping around is bad batteries or the alternator. Do I need to remove the batteries from the car and then let them sit overnight? Singer think it's my batteries and not the alternator. Want to make sure my batteries are good before digging the alternator out. Would it be OK to let Advanced Auto or Autozone check the batteries and alternator or would them be harmful to my HO alternator or XS Power batteries?

Here is a video, sorry about the quality, hard to drive stick and film lol. At first it seems to only jump a few tenths but if you watch the whole thing you will see it jump over a volt a couple times. Doesn't seem right when she use to be a solid 14.8.

https://youtu.be/f9uPs-ScpZU

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE.....

Pulled both batteries from car and let advanced auto check them, both checked out good. Decided to let them check the charging system also but the thing said it couldn't check do to system noise. System noise basically means there is a parasitic draw on the battery, I've never noticed this do to driving the car every day and keeping my batteries on a charger frequently for safe measures. I'm gonna start pulling fuses in the car to see if I cant eliminate whats making the noise. I'm almost sure I wont find anything because the alternator is physically buzzing when the car is off and not holding voltage when on. Somethings gotta be messed up with the voltage regulator in the alternator causing noise over the electrical system and inconsistent charging.

Both batteries have been fully charged and are still out of the car. They came off my ctek7002 just under 13.5V, I will update with resting voltage in the morning but I doubt ill be disappointed.

Update....

3400 was sitting at 13.1v this morning and the 5100 was sitting at 12.9v. I feel I'm safe to say my batteries arnt the problem.

I'm gonna continue my discussion about the alternator in the thread I made for it and abandoned this thread.

Your batteries are fine... 12v battery's arnt going to make your alt go from 14v-15.1 colt while driving.... If you ask me its the REGULATOR in the alt. Singer is going to tell you it fine and it's your battery's... He did the same shlt with me and I sold my singer alts and got excessive power and couldn't be happier

This was my video on my singer alts^ would charge 13.7v and no higher, tried telling me it was my batts even though I had all brand new batts.. So I put my stock alt back on and charging 14.4v put the singer back on and charge 13.7... It's the regulator in the alt that is the problem

Your batteries are fine... 12v battery's arnt going to make your alt go from 14v-15.1 colt while driving.... If you ask me its the REGULATOR in the alt. Singer is going to tell you it fine and it's your battery's... He did hte same shlt with me and I sold my singer alts and got excessive power and couldn't be happier

Thanks for filling me in, this is very good to know and sounds like my problem. Singer has a good reputation from my understanding and I can't find anything bad about him. Hopefully he will be willing to help me out but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's been a week since I've heard from him and 4 days since my last email. I feel as if he has already turned his back on me by trying to blame the problem on other things and not really getting back to me. I don't want to hate or bash but I feel I should give the man the benefit of the doubt given his reputation. I'll be giving him a phone call and see what he wants to do.

Sounds like an alternator, only thing that happened to me with bad batteries is the alternator automatically shut down on me. It kept trying to charge a battery with a bad cell and overheated I assume

Thanks for filling me in, this is very good to know and sounds like my problem. Singer has a good reputation from my understanding and I can't find anything bad about him. Hopefully he will be willing to help me out but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's been a week since I've heard from him and 4 days since my last email. I feel as if he has already turned his back on me by trying to blame the problem on other things and not really getting back to me. I don't want to hate or bash but I feel I should give the man the benefit of the doubt given his reputation. I'll be giving him a phone call and see what he wants to do.
Still haven't heard from him and there is no number on his website to reach him at. Thought this guy had a good reputation around here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.