Advice on new subwoofers

Sued over some name? DD and AQ were very similar back then....but 2 separate companies. What gives?
Yes it happens, however I should clarify. It wasn't a lawsuit seeking damages. It was a protest of the trademark AudioQue and it's logo. Instead of paying for the rights or fighting out for the AudioQue name they went ahead and changed the name to SoundQubed. I believe this happened 5 years ago or so..

As for the DD Audio / Soundqubed relationship, if you look at each websites they share the same location as in Oklahoma City. If memory serves me correct, their was/is a family connection (I heard DD's owner's father) that owns SoundQubed which was formerly known as AudioQue. Early AQ stuff was VERY Close to DD in design and performance, especially the HDC3's. HDC4.1's look similar to the old HDC3's but I don't know how they perform...

Well the HDC4 is a 4" coil subwoofer and the HDC3 is a 3" coil subwoofer. No not much of a similarity at all.

This^^^
Sorry, I forgot the HDC3's had the 3 inch coil... been 11 years since I owned them. I was relating more to the motor structure, the motors look very similar.

Thanks for the suggestions guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So I measured the box:

17.5" High

35.5" Long

13.5" Deep

Port is off one side and is 3.5" x 16" It is S shaped and both of the S pieces are 8.75" deep.

If i remember how to do this, the box is 2.9 cubic feet with 56 square inches of port tuned to 39 hertz?

I spoke to a soundqubed sales rep named Zak, and he sadly informed me that they have no old recone kits and the new ones will not work with my subs. He recommended the HDS2.1 as a replacement.

Is this sub any good? It looks so much cheaper then the ones I have. would the HDS3.1 be a better fit?

Thanks for the suggestions guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So I measured the box:

17.5" High

35.5" Long

13.5" Deep

Port is off one side and is 3.5" x 16" It is S shaped and both of the S pieces are 8.75" deep.

If i remember how to do this, the box is 2.9 cubic feet with 56 square inches of port tuned to 39 hertz?

I spoke to a soundqubed sales rep named Zak, and he sadly informed me that they have no old recone kits and the new ones will not work with my subs. He recommended the HDS2.1 as a replacement.

Is this sub any good? It looks so much cheaper then the ones I have. would the HDS3.1 be a better fit?
For myself..If these were my options with the enclosure I have and the power I have on tap and not building another enclosure?Not trying to chase an SPL #,and have decent results? I would get a single 12/a DVC2 ohm American Bass XFL,or a SQuebed HDC 312 and run that.Given that I would reface/Place another 5/8"-3/4" baffle and recut for a single 12.I think you would be very happy in the end,and would sound very nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.