Advice on new subwoofers

SeanH

Nyc
Hello all,

Used to be a member on here many years ago when I was into big systems, but just got out of it over time. For the last 6 or so years I've had the same simple system:

2 audioque 10s on a aq 1200w

2 cresendo mids on a arc 300.2

2 tweets on a super tiny rocksford I can't remember what tweets, I remember having a hard time finding something that kept up with the mids that wasn't horrible sounding.

So today one of the subs blew. I don't know exactly what happened, but the cone is frozen. Coil looks clean.

Anyway, audioque don't seem to be around, at least the way it was when I was into this stuff. I don't know if the new soundqubed stuff is compatible, but I emailed them to see I'd they had an old Recone kit laying around. I don't think the new subs they have look as well built. Stamped baskets, push terminals ect. Just don't look as beefy. I used to run sundown nightshades when I was into the big stuff, and looked through sundown stuff. They seemed to go in a different direction over the years as well. Much more low end gear. Any of it good?

So what's new out in this car audio world? What you you recommend as replacement subs? I don't want to replace the amp, so 1200w limit on a pair of 10s, and I would love to not have to build a new box. Not looking to get back into this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah I think it depends on what series on SQ your looking at, I think the current HDC4's are similar to the old HDC3's. I don't think they have anything as good as the low and middle of the road AQ's of old, not sure what 10's you have.

Hello all,
Used to be a member on here many years ago when I was into big systems, but just got out of it over time. For the last 6 or so years I've had the same simple system:

2 audioque 10s on a aq 1200w

2 cresendo mids on a arc 300.2

2 tweets on a super tiny rocksford I can't remember what tweets, I remember having a hard time finding something that kept up with the mids that wasn't horrible sounding.

So today one of the subs blew. I don't know exactly what happened, but the cone is frozen. Coil looks clean.

Anyway, audioque don't seem to be around, at least the way it was when I was into this stuff. I don't know if the new soundqubed stuff is compatible, but I emailed them to see I'd they had an old Recone kit laying around. I don't think the new subs they have look as well built. Stamped baskets, push terminals ect. Just don't look as beefy. I used to run sundown nightshades when I was into the big stuff, and looked through sundown stuff. They seemed to go in a different direction over the years as well. Much more low end gear. Any of it good?

So what's new out in this car audio world? What you you recommend as replacement subs? I don't want to replace the amp, so 1200w limit on a pair of 10s, and I would love to not have to build a new box. Not looking to get back into this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
What are the measurements of your enclosure and what is it tuned to?Thats where Id begin at..What vehicle and how is the enclosure installed?(Subs up port up/Trunk/in a truck xcab ect?Surely you are @ a 1 ohm load with that amp correct?Big 3 done and some battery banking?And Budget? I enjoy 10s,and have ran several and still have a few lying around,lol

I actually don't know what subs they are. I know they are not the hdc model. I had the 18s of those years ago. I sent an email to soundqubed with pics to see if they know, or if they can look up my order. I bought the car they are in in late 2009 and bought the subs shortly after. So they are what ever was the 600w model in 2009 lol. Hopefully soundqubed can help me out. Is it the same owner as audioque?

The car is a 2006 hyundia tiburon. Subs up port back. I'll measure the box tomorrow, but I remember it being tuned to 38.

Yeah it's the same owner as Audioque, and related to DD. They were sued over the name Audioque and rather than fight the suit they changed the name to SoundQubed.

Yeah it's the same owner as Audioque, and related to DD. They were sued over the name Audioque and rather than fight the suit they changed the name to SoundQubed.
Sued over some name? DD and AQ were very similar back then....but 2 separate companies. What gives?

XFL/American Bass XFLs are pretty brute subs as well.They actually sound really clean with a decent box and good power and some deadening on the vehicle.I have never blown any XFL..8s, 10s,12, 15s.Pretty decent subs for the money also

I did not know that.Interesting to know

Yeah I think it depends on what series on SQ your looking at, I think the current HDC4's are similar to the old HDC3's. I don't think they have anything as good as the low and middle of the road AQ's of old, not sure what 10's you have.
Well the HDC4 is a 4" coil subwoofer and the HDC3 is a 3" coil subwoofer. No not much of a similarity at all.

The old 600w aq were sdc2.5s

This^^^

Sued over some name? DD and AQ were very similar back then....but 2 separate companies. What gives?
Father and son companies.

Audioque even after having the name for 10 years was having issues with Audioquest. Audio quest sued them because of their name.. "DJL" is the member name on here of the owner of AQ/SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.