advice on drift car system?

I'm assuming you use an alternator?

In search of all your equipment, have you thought of getting rid of your battery and switching to Ultracapacitors?

If my assumption is you are looking for a setup where the alternator can support the ENTIRE load, then Ultracapacitors would be very nice option.

A single bank of 6 will weight under 10lbs and allow full operational use of the vehicle.

The vehicle must be used frequently.

Sitting for very long periods will require a recharge before starting.

Another option is LiFePO4.

This option may actually be slightly cheaper than Ultracapacitors, has much more reserve but will weight slightly more, but perhaps not much.

It should weigh under 15lbs.

You can purchase PURE (not cca) aluminum wire for ultralight wiring.

Be sure to PROPERLY account for proper gauge size when doing this!

For a box.

You could use 1\2" wood with adequate Pine bracing.

Try and tune no lower than mid to high 30s if possible.

This will prevent the need for extreme bracing(adding weight) for lower tuning destruction.

You can get the lows, just not shake the car down.

Building it normally will just add more weight if desired.

Taramp's amplifiers can supply wattage needed for ridiculous weight savings.

Some of the amplifiers are under 5lbs.

Built specifically for light weight applications.

Contact me for product information.

im baaaaaaack! :pgot my shopping list ready! is there anything else i need you think, beside wiring and birch ply??

components:

Sundown Audio SD2-8

Polk Audio db 651

Hifonics Brutus 640.4

Clarion EQS 746
everything good except the hifonics, their 4 channels are garbage. If you are going to bridge them off the 4 channel's rear channels then get D2 wire it in series because bridged rear channels can only handle a 4 ohm load, series will give you a 4 ohm load on D2 subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.