Advice on a new component setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

denvervibe

Denver
I currently have a 6 speaker factory system that I am looking to upgrade piece by pice. From what I've researched so far I was thinking of upgrading to a quality component set up. I do have a set of factory tweeters that are located pretty much next to the side view mirrors, and face the driver and front passenger. So the question is weather I should replace the factory tweeters or leave them in. Should I then install the new set of tweers someplace else and have two sets installed? Would my amp be able to support the extra speakers? I have a 4x50 watt amp powering the system. Should I just replace the factory tweeters in addition to the front woofers? I'm pretty sold on the Polk 6.5's.

You already have your own amp powering your factory speakers? I'm surprised they've lasted this long. Don't bother with more than one set of tweeters, unless you really know what your doing, you'll usually just mess things up. If you like the polks, go ahead and get them, the easiest way to install would be just stick everything in the stock locations, and I would recomend that. There are other custom fab thing syou could do, aka kick panels, but for all intents and purposes, they simply aren't practical for hte everyday person.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.