Adire audio xbl^2 worth it any experience with brahmas?

Split gap and split coil designs trade some efficiency for linearity and low distortion. There's a guy local who owns some original Brahmas and has used them in a few boxes and 4th order wall. All of his builds with them have sounded fantastic. If you're looking for a 1000W sub that'll sound really good Brahma is a top choice.
I'm just concerned that 2000 Watts total on inefficient subs may not be loud enough as I tend to be hard on the volume knob.
I'm probably needing something more in the middle of SPL and SQ, I guess you could say I'm likely looking for the best sounding loud sub lol. I have ran several four subs sealed setups on high power and been happy with them but everybody says ported is the way to go with these new subs.
I'm still debating between 1:15 versus 2:12 s
A part of me loves the simplicity and better visceral impact of a single large sub setup as well. I know everyone raves about the SSA zcon and evil, I could run either and would probably be loud enough.

You'll want 2 subs to really hang with 2K on a pair of Brahmas, though you could probably bump up to 2500w and they'd be pretty safe unless you're really acting a fool. I don't think efficiency is as big a hit as you think it will be, Brahma should be about on par with any 4" coil or 3" 8 layer.

You'll want 2 subs to really hang with 2K on a pair of Brahmas, though you could probably bump up to 2500w and they'd be pretty safe unless you're really acting a fool. I don't think efficiency is as big a hit as you think it will be, Brahma should be about on par with any 4" coil or 3" 8 layer.
I have always ran multiples so I can push them a little harder and they stay cooler, more coil is always better.
If I did a single 15 I would go w a 3-5 k sub as it looks like my electrical will be plenty to do that, but I can't help but think the pair of 12s will sound better on music and run cooler.
I have even thought about running three SSA gcon 10s on a 3K amp which would match perfectly and have more coil while working well with my 4.5 cubes available.
It's a great problem to have deciding between awesome audio equipment lol

I'm just concerned that 2000 Watts total on inefficient subs may not be loud enough as I tend to be hard on the volume knob.
I'm probably needing something more in the middle of SPL and SQ, I guess you could say I'm likely looking for the best sounding loud sub lol. I have ran several four subs sealed setups on high power and been happy with them but everybody says ported is the way to go with these new subs.
A part of me loves the simplicity and better visceral impact of a single large sub setup as well. I know everyone raves about the SSA zcon and evil, I could run either and would probably be loud enough.
the evils wont be as loud as two brahmas. IMO. Zcon is nice but XBL^2 is superior sounding. I've owned the Zcons its good for an spl brand vs the rest of the cookie cutter stuff but the efficiency is so so. TC sounds 3hp and 4hp motors flat out destroy the Zcons on 2k rms vs the TCs bridged on a 4 channel amp is the level of efficiency of the motors we are talking about. You got off the shelf motor designs vs motor legends. There's no comparison the legendary motor structures got their name for a reason. They are just that much better. SSA subs are better SQ than other spl brands but no where near any kind of actual SQ. 4/10 at best

the evils wont be as loud as two brahmas. IMO. Zcon is nice but XBL^2 is superior sounding. I've owned the Zcons its good for an spl brand vs the rest of the cookie cutter stuff but the efficiency is so so. TC sounds 3hp and 4hp motors flat out destroy the Zcons on 2k rms vs the TCs bridged on a 4 channel amp is the level of efficiency of the motors we are talking about. You got off the shelf motor designs vs motor legends. There's no comparison the legendary motor structures got their name for a reason. They are just that much better. SSA subs are better SQ than other spl brands but no where near any kind of actual SQ. 4/10 at best
Thank you this is exactly what I was wanting to know so you think 2000 Watts on two 12-in brahmas would be louder than a single 15 getting 4K?
If those two brahmas are loud enough I would definitely lean toward that direction as I am an ex musician w a picky ear but still like loud too but probably not loud like some of you crazy veterans running 10K lol.
I know several years back people were raving about the xbl motors.
I could pony up and get two of the 1500 w Brahma X's hehe

Thank you this is exactly what I was wanting to know so you think 2000 Watts on two 12-in brahmas would be louder than a single 15 getting 4K?
If those two brahmas are loud enough I would definitely lean toward that direction as I am an ex musician w a picky ear but still like loud too but probably not loud like some of you crazy veterans running 10K lol.
I know several years back people were raving about the xbl motors.
I could pony up and get two of the 1500 w Brahma X's hehe
it would be loud but you'd also need the enclosure on point. Make sure you have plenty of airspace and a **** ton of bracing along with knowing your vehicle's resonant frequency to find out the best tuning. A properly done trunk wall should hit mid 145s to 148s on 2k. I would suggest a removeable aeroport so you can tinker with the tuning, port area etc...

I have a brahma mkII 15 with current model recone and its probably my favorite sub I've owned aside from some soundsplinter and other tc sounds woofers. I highly recommend adire the new owner Andrew is great to deal with and they do 20-30% off specials all the time

it would be loud but you'd also need the enclosure on point. Make sure you have plenty of airspace and a **** ton of bracing along with knowing your vehicle's resonant frequency to find out the best tuning. A properly done trunk wall should hit mid 145s to 148s on 2k. I would suggest a removeable aeroport so you can tinker with the tuning, port area etc...
I was just talking on another thread about how if I went ported I would definitely prefer aero ports because of their adjustability so you can test different tuning in the car without having to rebuild a box!
I was just saying in another thread how much I prefer adjustable aeroport boxes if I go ported because you can play with tuning and area without having to build a new box it's great! 145 to 148 on 2K is great and would be loud enough for me. I'm sure that would be very impressive having sq as well. If it wasn't an extra 40 lb I would go on and run three 10-in brahmas.
Their site recommends 1.5 to 2.5 cubic feet for a 12, I usually prefer the sound of a well-dampened sub, but I don't want it choked so 2 to 2.25 cubes per sub would work well I believe.
I love working with wood and building boxes, and have seen how much good bracing helps the sound for sure.
145 to 148 would be impressive for two 12s on music w sq I'm sure damn.
Manufacturers recommended 12 airspace is 1.5 to 2.5 cubes I usually prefer a well dampened subwoofer so I figure 2-2.25cubes per sub would work well for me and still give the subs room to breathe. I agree with an aeroport for going ported for sure, and I need to save space. I'm sure it will be enough in my Civic. The recommended tuning is 30 HZ which is lower than I usually go for as I like upper frequencies as well like bass drum for rock.
With that low of power requirements I could easily go with a 2 channel amp and separate boxes making it that much better braced and easier to fit in the trunk as well.
I'm about sold on these brahmas here

Sorry about the double posting my phone crashed lmao

I have a brahma mkII 15 with current model recone and its probably my favorite sub I've owned aside from some soundsplinter and other tc sounds woofers. I highly recommend adire the new owner Andrew is great to deal with and they do 20-30% off specials all the time
Sounds good to me where did you buy the sub from if they had the 1500 watt Brahma x in a 12 I would get two of those! I've always heard about the brahmas but never heard one in person sounds to me like it's what I need I'm after the loudest sound quality sub I can find lol

The mkII were the old ones before they closed up shop. Go ahead and get them. I am very tempted to get one but haven’t tried my icon yet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.