Adire audio xbl^2 worth it any experience with brahmas?

I was just talking on another thread about how if I went ported I would definitely prefer aero ports because of their adjustability so you can test different tuning in the car without having to rebuild a box!

I was just saying in another thread how much I prefer adjustable aeroport boxes if I go ported because you can play with tuning and area without having to build a new box it's great! 145 to 148 on 2K is great and would be loud enough for me. I'm sure that would be very impressive having sq as well. If it wasn't an extra 40 lb I would go on and run three 10-in brahmas.
Their site recommends 1.5 to 2.5 cubic feet for a 12, I usually prefer the sound of a well-dampened sub, but I don't want it choked so 2 to 2.25 cubes per sub would work well I believe.
I love working with wood and building boxes, and have seen how much good bracing helps the sound for sure.

145 to 148 would be impressive for two 12s on music w sq I'm sure damn.
Manufacturers recommended 12 airspace is 1.5 to 2.5 cubes I usually prefer a well dampened subwoofer so I figure 2-2.25cubes per sub would work well for me and still give the subs room to breathe. I agree with an aeroport for going ported for sure, and I need to save space. I'm sure it will be enough in my Civic. The recommended tuning is 30 HZ which is lower than I usually go for as I like upper frequencies as well like bass drum for rock.
With that low of power requirements I could easily go with a 2 channel amp and separate boxes making it that much better braced and easier to fit in the trunk as well.
I'm about sold on these brahmas here
brahmas dont need a lot of airspace actually. Their requirements are pretty low.

brahmas dont need a lot of airspace actually. Their requirements are pretty low.
I was noticing that their lowest recommended airspace for a 12 is 1.5 cubes which would make me able to run three of them and I also prefer the sound of well dampened subs. I just rather not run 120 lb of subwoofers 80 is still a lot since I'm delivering in the vehicle.
I've been doing the math and it's looking like I could fit 215s in three cubes each if I build them in separate boxes I could get them in the trunk without having to build them in there and still have room for my batteries and amps

Never ran one but for what it's worth the people at the diymobileaudio forum (most of which are SQ snobs) all love the Brahma. Mutiple users have run both the Brahma and the JL W7 and liked the Brahma more which is impressive

I wouldn't stress too much about output, if you ran even a single 15 on true power with a custom box you'd rattle your entire car and completely drown out your front speakers.

The whole point of buying a nicer sub is that you don't have to buy a bunch of them to get anything substantial

Never ran one but for what it's worth the people at the diymobileaudio forum (most of which are SQ snobs) all love the Brahma. Mutiple users have run both the Brahma and the JL W7 and liked the Brahma more which is impressive

I wouldn't stress too much about output, if you ran even a single 15 on true power with a custom box you'd rattle your entire car and completely drown out your front speakers.

The whole point of buying a nicer sub is that you don't have to buy a bunch of them to get anything substantial
Wow that's a hell of a compliment and if it's output is close to a w7 and some prefer the Brahma then that definitely means I don't need to worry about it as this will be a daily listening stereo.

I would do 2 12’s and put them in a proper box. Adire recommends at least 1.75 ported and I’d probably do at least 2 cubes each. Sub displacement is .13 and if you build 2 boxes then you’re aero displacement will likely be .1ish each so you’d need 2.25 for each box.

I would do 2 12’s and put them in a proper box. Adire recommends at least 1.75 ported and I’d probably do at least 2 cubes each. Sub displacement is .13 and if you build 2 boxes then you’re aero displacement will likely be .1ish each so you’d need 2.25 for each box.
I came to the same conclusion after looking at the parameters and my available space I want to go well dampened but not choked off and 2- 2.25 cubes net per sub is the number I came up with also. It will easy to do and not push the very limits of my Max available airspace. the fact they're compared to the JL w7 is impressive indeed and I'm sure will be enough. I'm excited

I just picked up 2 more mkII brahmas for $300 in a prefab that imma sell for $40.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200930-140457_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-140457_Facebook.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 157
My 14 year old brother in law listened to my system this past weekend and loved it but his ass asked if they were Kickers and I about slapped him. I’m running an Audiofrog at the moment so you can imagine the pain I felt haha.

My 14 year old brother in law listened to my system this past weekend and loved it but his ass asked if they were Kickers and I about slapped him. I’m running an Audiofrog at the moment so you can imagine the pain I felt haha.
I'm 45 and I have been cringing since the nineties when people say kicker competitions for real.
I remember my senior year in 92 when a guy drove by our high school 50 feet away from the classrooms and shook the pencils off our desks running all Orion hcca equipment. I was like those are not kickers hajaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.