Additional batteries

I just ordered that one last night. Several people have recommended them so I gave it a shot.
BNR?.. Those Ebay alts get hated on usually. Last "BNR 250A" I had lasted 2 yr then still works to this day after I sold it.
It did around 185A iirc when I had it tested... so it was still a decent deal even with the "wishful" type rating and an improvement over the old, tired 105A stock one that was in there

Yea. You want a original replacement or spend the money on a good brand. I have a 240 mechman alt ive had in the garage for years. Spent 250 and that was used. On the cheap ebay alts they dont make power and will burn up
Mechman was the first place I called. The one they carried that fit my car was discontinued last year unfortunately...

BNR?.. Those Ebay alts get hated on usually. Last "BNR 250A" I had lasted 2 yr then still works to this day after I sold it.
It did around 185A iirc when I had it tested... so it was still a decent deal even with the "wishful" type rating and an improvement over the old, tired 105A stock one that was in there

Im sure there are some ok alt on ebay. but for the most part they are the one who have a name outside of the site and just so happen to sell on there. On my nova i have a tuff stuff alternator and i got it used. They are not known for crazy amps but its cheap and works. I would advise the o.p. to look for something that works. He dont need to look for a 240 amp alt if he's not willing to spend at least $500. 120 amps would be a huge improvement. But do believe he stated he ordered something.

Had a couple friends in Illinois that ordered BNR alternators and I was there when they clamped them. One was 200amps the other was 240amps and both did what BNR claimed they would do. Maybe they have improved their quality in the past couple of years. This was last year when I was down there for a food stock up run that I do every year,lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.