Additional batteries

Should provide some reprieve but the answer is going to depend on a few things. What is the total rms if your amps combined?
Around 1800watts. For both. The only alternator I can find for my car is 70 amp. I tried mechman and several other companies. And the car holds a very small battery to run everything.
Multiple alternator companies make alternators for a civic.

DC power
Singer
Excessive Amperage
Brand X
CES
JS
Apex
Mechman
I have called several and for some reason they say the problem is the 1.7L style so most were discontinued

Upgrading my audio and having power issues. Having a very hard time finding a high output alternator for my civic, and I'm curious if just adding an additional battery in the trunk will be enough to fix my power issues?
What year is your civic? If its older you might find a bigger alt at the junk yard. For 2k watts you shouldn't need much.

Mine is an 04 civic vP 1.7 The stock alternator is only 70 amps I found one on eBay that's 240 amps
For a little over $200
Also be careful buying cheap ebay alt. They dont do anywhere near stated. I would look up honda style alternators and find which style you have. Then you can see what cars came with that syle and look what amps they did.

Do you have a pick n pull or something near you? Do you have power windows, power seats and goodies? If not you can find a car that has that and most likely the alternator would be bigger.
From what I understand the other models that had those extras had a different engine not the 1.7 every place I called said that they're not compatible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.