Question about crossover for front components

Participant count
  • Participant list

2010 crv

CarAudio.com Newbie

I noticed my year old components sounding like they're blowing, went to check the connections and found that this is how my crossover has been installed. I am lazy and paid a shop to do it, but to me it does not look like they have anything connecting to my woofer in the door. The woofer produces sound but definitely doesn't sound healthy. It's an alpine cde 175bt headunit connected to a pioneer GM-D8604 4 channel and then components in the front and coaxials in the back. I really appreciate any feedback and I apologize for the long post.

I’m assuming they have the mids connected directly to the amp? If so, it looks like they are using the crossover to get the right tweeter crossover point. I’ve seen it before.

Damn so I guess they just have the tweeters and crossovers hooked to the headunit, and didnt feel like running the power from the amp to the crossover so they cut open the ******* harness and tapped in there, and just kept the woofer directly hooked to the amp. I've got an appointment with the business next friday to ask them about it and hopefully I can get my money back and have a competent installer do it. I'm almost embarrassed it took me this long to notice something was up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.